2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

just add a reminder on your calendar to cancel it in 2 months and 29 days

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1608567820425781249

2 Likes

Ad funded groceries with ads focussed on the products you would choose for free at your ad funded grocery store is chefs kiss logic. :joy:

1 Like

Easy, Florida.

Enhance!

2 Likes

Oh lol. Guess it’s an obvious joke. :joy:

2 Likes

That is weird. Apple always been good with letting you cancel. They make it so you can cancel everyone else. I wonder if it came about negotiating with the publications.

man my old phone i could put something in but i’d never get an alert. i prob didn’t have it turned on or something.

If homes are affordable in all those places now then they were probably underpriced before covid. Mortgage payments on any random house is like double what they were in March 2020.

Why does Ukraine have to give up two and we only get to give up one? Florida and North Dakota,its all yours Manitoba.

Udemy gorilla math

It’s this, but it’s undergone a bit of a renaissance in the past decade or so. Now that people are starting to understand the value of historic places, etc. Back in the mid 20th century, though, that’s when old cities like Cincy got ruined at the altar of “progress”.

Look at this place. Gone.
https://twitter.com/AnneMortier1/status/1243597239416770561?s=20&t=OahTBH_BbmiWJlhbi6e8DQ

also this:
https://twitter.com/TheStateOfCincy/status/1603805941337845762?s=20&t=OahTBH_BbmiWJlhbi6e8DQ

I mean, Cincinnati is the home to the second oldest opera company and 5th oldest symphony orchestra in the country. It is definitely a Gilded Age city.

Also, the Justice League :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Authorities narrowed their focus to suspect Bryan Kohberger — who was arrested on a first-degree murder warrant in connection with the killings of four University of Idaho students, according to documents and sources — after tracing his ownership of the white Hyundai Elantra seen in the area of the homicides, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.

Kohberger’s DNA has also been matched to DNA recovered at the scene of the deaths, according to the sources.

Authorities discovered he had left the area and gone to Pennsylvania, the sources said.

An FBI surveillance team from the Philadelphia Field Office had been tracking him for four days in the area where he was arrested, according to the sources.

He was kept under surveillance while investigators from the Moscow Police Department, the Idaho State Police homicide bureau and the FBI worked with prosecutors to develop sufficient probable cause to obtain the warrant.

Once the arrest warrant was issued, the FBI and Pennsylvania State Police were able to make the arrest.

Whew, finally. I guess it’ll depend on what he says

Yeah, I’m with you 100%. Cities that had a “heydey” that preceded the era where interstates were run right through downtowns have great potential because often they are the only place you can find mutli-use, walkable neighborhoods grandfathered into the land use codes.

4 Likes

Randomly, my kid applied to University of Idaho. After their acceptance, UofI sent a little video player with a promotional video, and they received a thoughful non-form hand-written note from the head of the department to which they applied. Not sure if they stepped it up after the murders or if this is just how they roll.

Like a handheld video player? Can I see a pic (of it or one like it online)?

3 Likes

Wild. How’s the picture?

Fair/decent.

5 Likes