2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

And accused chestnuts of being lazy

3 Likes

Office Space has aged better than any other movie ever.

3 Likes

Groening and Judge had amazing material for the 90s.

Update: according this the original Romanian reporting just says that the police used Tateā€™s social media to help locate him, which sounds like it would be Tateā€™s response to Greta could have tipped them off, except Tate also posted about himself entering Romania and literally posting himself in his house saying that he was home, so it probably was less the Romanian Columbo and more like the cops just looking at his Facebook and credit card receipts saying ā€˜oh looks like heā€™s homeā€™

2 Likes

Iā€™d go with Home Alone. Never gets old.

Cell phones and more specifically smart phones destroys the movieā€™s plot tho

1 Like

wat

Donā€™t think so. Just donā€™t give the 8 year old a phone or have him pack it while taking away the home phone and itā€™s just as convincing as ā€œma bellā€ being down for only their house.

For the kid yeah, but the parents would easily be able to contact someone in their city, family, friends or the police, etc. easily.

They got a hold of people though. The cops just didnā€™t try and all their neighbors werenā€™t home except for the shovel guy

I thought this scene where the sticky bandits couldnā€™t dodge two swinging cans of paint ruined the movie. Completely implausible!

I donā€™t have a hard time at all putting myself back in 1990. I feel like i am a kid watching it again.

My friends who live in Cincinnati got married in the art museum there and it looked incredible; highly regret not being able to make the trip at the time.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcsquared34/status/1608603058761613317

12 Likes

MOAR SPRAWL!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1608505304257265664?t=nehXFpQEByzHPI__3uy_8Q&s=19

2 Likes

I think Cincinnati is one of those American cities that at an earlier stage of American history was wealthy because it sat on a major interior shipping lane and then as the country stopped relying on canals for commerce the economic fortunes of the city declines. This kind of place ends up with a foundation of cultural and architectural stuff that seems to outreach itā€™s present economic status. The population of the city peaked 60 years ago.

yeah I think this is maybe just awkward wording from a non-native speaker idk?

4 Likes