2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Our big temperature drop is going to hit early Friday morning.

How low is it going to get in ATL? Some 10 years ago l had an international Delta flight around Christmas, then an ice storm hit ATL and all flights were cancelled for like 3 days. I had to cancel and rebook on Xmas eve which wasn’t fun at all.

How do you think that will affect the turnout for Warnock?

1 Like

It’s -43 where I am.

When Canada sends their weather, they’re not sending their best.

15 Likes

Friday high of 21, low of 10.

My brother got stuck on the road for about 23 hours in that Snowpocalypse a number of years ago. Doesn’t look like precipitation is expected this weekend, fortunately.

At least the weather event will be short lived. We’re supposed to be back in the 40s by Saturday.

Been a brutal last 2 weeks here for snow/Temps. Just -25 and a few inches every day.

KC is 37 now. Supposed to be like -5 in a few hours.

Was in the 70’s in LA today. Supposed to get up to 80 this weekend.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/charnick_wx/status/1605724967911448577

get one of those needle refill kit?

Does anyone actually like these Avatar movies or even give a fuck?

The other Avatar sequels have also played a part in the delay of the release of Avatar: The Way of Water . That’s right — the first Avatar sequel won’t be the last, as Avatar 3 (2024), Avatar 4 (2026), and Avatar 5 (2028) will each follow every two years thereafter the upcoming film.

It’s made over $500 million worldwide so far, so someone likes it… Even with those numbers, I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of those sequels get killed.

Cameron has said that the current movie has to make more than $2 billion for all 5 to come out, otherwise they’re stopping with the third because they filmed 2 and 3 back to back.

1 Like

people saw the first film because it was JC and maybe they will do that again - I have just never seen anyone with a shirt/toy/bumper sticker or even talk about it or reference it.

1 Like

3 Likes

This is what we’re looking at starting tonight. Going from 18 today to 40 by tomorrow afternoon, then back down into single digits by tomorrow night. Snow, rain, freezing rain, ice pellets, flash freeze, hurricane-force winds, all in 36 hours. Never seen anything like it.

So much for “global warming”, amirite?

1 Like

I am calling for a complete and total shutdown of winter until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.

7 Likes