2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

There’s a Ferrari dealership 5-10 mins away from me :vince2:

Most expensive used car is listed at $725,990, I’m assuming any new one is built to order.

3 Likes

The boring answer is go to the bank and use it as an early mortgage payment. My mortgage isn’t $1 million, but it’s still a lot. But I really doubt that they could process the transaction in under 30 minutes.

The banks have limits on how much you can prepay on your mortgage, too.

Do they? Is this a Canada thing? I’m like 95% sure I could just slug a payment down like that today without penalty.

My issue is that the bank I pay mortgages too doesn’t have any physical locations.

You could pay off your mortgage here but with significant penalty.

2 Likes

A typical Canadian mortgage arrangement is that you can prepay up to 15% of your original principal every year and/or increase your mortgage payment by 15% per year. Someone that does both each year would wipe out their mortgage pretty fast (under 5 years).

1 Like

Figured it was something like that. If you have a freddy/fannie Mac or whatever mortgage in the usa you can just pay that shit… I think. I got no plans to pay my mortgage down hard. Got a shit ton of student debt to do first if that’s the thing

I’d use a quarter of the million to build a dungeon.

2 Likes

With the other $750,000, I’d buy out Gamestop’s inventory, then trade it all back for $350 in store credit.

9 Likes

In 30 minutes? Are you Automan or something?

Mortgages is one of the very few things that are far better in the US. We can only lock in for max 5 years and don’t get to write any interest off our taxes.

1 Like

@mosdef wtf?

Police said the girls, aged between 13 and 16, seem to have met online before meeting in person on the night of the attack, possibly for the first time.

Police said the teenagers “swarmed” the man, adding the attack was a prolonged “back and forth” on the victim involving all eight of the teenagers.

“The actual incident, proper, lasted almost three minutes long,” Mr Browne said. “So, walked away, walked toward, walked away, walked toward.”

A female resident of a nearby homeless shelter told the CBC the victim was stabbed in the stomach after trying to protect her when the girls approached her for alcohol.

“I didn’t know if they had a knife or what. I was just scared,” the woman said, explaining how she walked away from the attackers and sought refuge in the shelter.

The tax issue is big. In Canada there’s a good argument for aggressively paying down mortgages because there is no tax subsidy. But its hard to know for sure if this is really a net negative. If Canadian mortgage interest was tax deductible its possible that housing prices would just be that much more expensive because people would to some extent just adjust their concept of what they can afford upward.

1 Like

We have gun control so our murderous teens have to settle for knifing one dude instead of spraying an elementary school with bullets. The system works!

3 Likes

wat

like, what if you want to sell your house before the mortgage is paid off?

You can transfer your mortgage to your new house or you can “break” the mortgage contract and pay a prepayment penalty.

wat

After 5 years you take your remaining debt back into the market and renew at market rates.

Are murderous roving gangs of jr. high girls a common problem?