2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Pears are so delicious

5 Likes

You live somewhere cold, right? Boston, from your avatar?

Only way a person could have that opinion imo

LFS is in LA.

Worst fruit is pomegranate because they taste great but are too annoyingly difficult and messy to be worth the effort. You also risk getting trapped in the underworld for indefinite periods.

8 Likes

Part of the problem is we have edible fruit about 6 weeks of the year. :angry:

Nothing beats the perfect orange. The only complication is the seeds, I hate seeds.

1 Like

I had some watermelon in Baja that was like none Iā€™d ever had, not even close.

Imagine that first pull of a Slurpee - when itā€™s all still velvety and bursting with flavor. That was this watermelon. Whereas every other watermelon Iā€™d ever tried was the end of the Slurpee - when itā€™s mostly ice with little flavor left.

1 Like

Iā€™ll allow it but you have to have a few. With the just right orange, one is not quite enough but two is gluttony.

2 Likes

This is a fun twist on swatting. Live streaming it on a compromised ring doorbell.

That watermelon does indeed look more dense and flavorful, unlike all the watermelon Iā€™ve had in the last 15 years.

Grapefruit sours in japan are possible the greatest drink of all time.

Golden kiwi up there for GOAT fruit.

Green kiwi not even mid tier.

So your hot take on fruits is like someone whoā€™s had sex six times expounding the best sex positions?

Whatā€™s the case that honeydew is worse to eat than starfruit or dragonfruit? Why would you rather eat a Golden Delicious apple?

I think sometime around the 60s they switched out all the good, fresh, natural fruit with factory-farm-grown genetically-engineered crap. Iā€™ve heard older people say stuff like ā€œI remember what fruit used to taste likeā€.

Every now and then you get some strawberries or cherries or peaches or w/e from a roadside stand that blow every store-bought piece of fruit out of the water.

1 Like

Melon is generally bad, bad melon is AWFUL, honeydew melon is gross. Grapefruit is fine. I like grapefruit juice a lot.

Hard to think of other fruits which even approach the dismalness of melon. Dragon fruit is up there for sure, but not so ubiquitous. One of the worst things about flying Asian airlines is being given a ā€œfruit saladā€ that is three different types of melon, dragon fruit and a single sad-looking grape.

Umā€¦ pineapple

This is basically true with bananas. Decades ago they were an entirely different variety.

1 Like

In not saying grapefruit is my first choice but if people havenā€™t eaten it fresh off the tree then they arenā€™t giving it a real chance.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1604869163360702467?t=x1ZoRLdKc6adT6lALXjJdw&s=19

5 Likes

Iā€™d put kiwi in this category, but less so. Theyā€™re more delicious but so small and it takes so much time to skin them