2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1715767418889376096?t=bcY9tlK-7w2MR8PJ59FIeg&s=19

7 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty metal, but I donā€™t think itā€™s quite this metal:

Clinical application of cardiac catheterization begins with Dr. Werner Forssmann in 1929, who inserted a catheter into the vein of his own forearm, guided it fluoroscopically into his right atrium, and took an X-ray picture of it.[9]

2 Likes

Is it hard to make it over the border wall?

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1715783761231520043

5 Likes

Donā€™t be fooled by the headline that makes it sound like it was the home she lived in, though

ā€œItā€™s been boarded up about 15 years, and we keep it boarded, covered, grass cut, and the yard is clean,ā€ she said. ā€œThe taxes are paid and everything is up on it.ā€

ā€œWoman returns from vacation to find boarded up run down shack demolishedā€ just wouldnā€™t hit the same.

1 Like

Still a crazy story.

Super late on this but Iā€™m your age, my graduating class was like 160, and I donā€™t know of anyone that has passed. I imagine there has to be a couple though?

He couldnā€™t direct his own parents. Still worked somehow.

https://twitter.com/MichaelWarbur17/status/1715547898283229536?t=C1YIUP4w-cqgkblLPAEdBQ&s=19

1 Like

Dang I think my high school had 100 students when I was a senior and I can think of like eight who have died that I know of, including two out of the twenty in my class.

Arenā€™t you like 60 tho?

Graduated from high school in 1991, class size ~250-300, five have passed.

Props to them for attending anyway.

20 Likes

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 and it has an aux port and a cig lighter, no usb, Bluetooth is unusable. So for music I connect my phone to aux with cable, then have to change it over to cig lighter to charge. Iā€™d like to be able to do both, is that possible? Friend recommended a new radio with Bluetooth, thatā€™s more expensive but is that best option? I donā€™t want a transmitter, used those before had a car with aux and they suck I feel like

Agree on the transmitter-charger combo things.

Does this work with your phone outputs? I havenā€™t used it but looks like it should handle that type of configuration. Amazon.com

Screenshot 2023-10-23 112215

I use one of those for my android on flights bc I prefer my wired headset to the bluetooth. Works fine to play and charge at the same time

1 Like

I canā€™t answer your question, but I also have a 2012 Mazda 3. Itā€™s been a great dependable car.

1 Like

I have the same car setup but Iā€™m confused, doesnā€™t your phone have a separate aux port? I plug my charger into the usb port on my phone and my aux cord into the little aux port.

On the topic of aux cords i think Iā€™ve gone through 10+ cables in the past year, they all suck and end up giving nasty feedback. I used the same cable for years before it completely broke, wish i knew that brand.

Similar. Gave up trying to play stuff on phone through car stereo.

ladder is the ultimate weapon, Don

iPhones havenā€™t had headphone jacks for 6 or 7 years.

1 Like