2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

tumblr_nxj9kjagn71ufl1nbo1_500

1 Like

How old is your phone? It may be time for a new oneā€¦

lol I was like aux port? What? And yea Iā€™m iphone XR so donā€™t think the one linked above would work, I need lightning splitting into cigarette and aux, I donā€™t think that exists so Iā€™ll just keep on.

My aux cord is about to be donezo and gf has said a few times why donā€™t you get a combo one so I figured now was time to do it but I guess Iā€™ll get another aux.

Havenā€™t had problems with aux feedback issues tho

Yea I got it 2nd hand from family member but Iā€™m at 110k and hoping I can stretch it a lot of years since I work at home, have had zero problems with it

Edit: I had a 2002 Mazda protege before that which was also great

1 Like

You might try something like this:

Then plug from the phone to aux in on the stereo.

you can get a bluetooth reciever that will plug into your aux port, or, even better, if your car stereo has a connector on the back for a CD changer, you can get bluetooth modules that plug into that (youā€™ll get better sound from this and if you have controls on the steering wheel you can use those with the phone in many cases)

Ah ok, Iā€™ll look into that too although the solution above with the charger seems good too.

2012 Mazda 3 does have some sort of Bluetooth but from what Iā€™ve read itā€™s unusable basically

If you want to avoid the hassle of buying a new car stereo, you could always just get a new car.

6 Likes

I have an older version of this thing in my 2006 accord and itā€™s amazing:

it ā€œjust worksā€ and I basically never have to fiddle with it though it did take about an hour to install (had to remove a bunch of paneling to get to the back of the head unit but it was pretty easy, just time consuming and they had a step-by-step youtube on how to do it) but once itā€™s in there itā€™s been completely solid.

Itā€™s old i guess, Galaxy S9 :harold:

1 Like

I have no idea how Sirius XM still operates legally with their fucking cancellation scam.

Want to cancel a subscription? Sure, click this button right here on the website. Oh sorry, for some reason weā€™ve been experiencing technical difficulties on this page and only this page for weeks.

Tell ya what, click this button here and it will take you to our ā€œcontact usā€ page where you can chat with an agent who can help with your cancellation.

Whats that you say? The ā€œchat with an agentā€ button is grayed out and you cant click it even though it says our chat hours are 9 am -8pm Est M-Sa. Thatā€™s really odd, sorry about that. Tell ya what, here is our phone number for the cancellation team, they can fix you right up.

Huh, really? Youve been on the phone an hour waiting for an agent amd nobody picked up and then the call randomly disconnected? Gee, that is weird. Look, Ill tell you what, fuck you and keep paying us, ok pal?

What a fucking joke.

7 Likes

You should send a complaint to the FTC. Seemed like the type of thing the current leadership there would be interested in taking on.

Rumors swirling that Putin suffered cardiac arrest and may be dead.

This could go in about five different threads depending on whether or not itā€™s true so Iā€™ll just leave it here.

Those rumors have been out for a half a day supposedly, and thereā€™s no chatter about it on the Russia/Ukraine twitter list I follow. So I donā€™t put a whole lot of stock in it.

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1467909429534380034

Hersh version of Nord Steam events is more likely to be true than that story. But still :crossed_fingers:

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1716853582304096304?t=Lx3qjIhkImTQ6Eh3KazW2Q&s=19

My first instinct is to say I donā€™t ā€œfollowā€ the news, but that is wrong as I am exposed to plenty of news.

I would say that I donā€™t follow the news or politics.
Iā€™d also say that I am more informed than the average U.S. citizen.

The most GenX tweet ever.
https://x.com/consequence/status/1716808741302239709?s=20

6 Likes

That really seems like an Onion headline.