2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Not too surprised; we have the same muse.

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt to call and ask your local dog shelters if they would use them.

2 Likes

That’s a shock. I didn’t know her music career started in 1966. Took her 16 years to get a single on the Billboard chart. Anybody have that long of a music career before charting for the first time?

13 Likes

She was in Easy Rider which came out in 1969

Michael Bolton inked his first record contract at 18 and didn’t have a hit until 33. He was busking on street corners and stuff for a lot of that time. Wanted to be a rock God, not a balladeer. Ended up doing demos for songs he was writing for others, which got passed around between secretaries at Sony. They told him to stop selling the songs and record them himself.

michael_bolton

7 Likes

I thought her real career was as a dance choreographer.

Sitting in a restaurant watching football and eating sushi rn and listening to a conversation straight out of

ETA-and listening to The Cure.

Edit 2-Also high af.

6 Likes

Missing toddler found sleeping in woods using her dog as a pillow after walking 3 miles barefoot

This sound suspicious to anyone else?

No, because I have met lots of dogs and toddlers dumb enough to run off into the woods and get lost. It would be suspicious if the dog abandoned the toddler, most dogs I’ve met will lay their and die rather than abandon their human.

This woman may single handedly save America.

8 Likes

Will be nice to finally have a billionaire on our side during an election cycle. With her reach and influence she legitimately could make a difference in some tight races.

If they actually vote. There’s a pretty big gap between online activity and in person activity. Lots of people will register online to vote and never show up, just like lots of people argue about politics on the internet but never protest or vote.

3 Likes

Taylor Swift endorsed Phil Bredesen pretty hard in 2018 and Blackburn won easily.

Call me skeptical that this is going to have any noticeable impact at all, much less “save America”.

2 Likes

It’s not going to save America but it is good and helpful

maybe normal people. i’d assume swifties would be more likely to vote than normal people bc taylor told them to.

1 Like

There are good reasons to be optimistic right now regarding the youth vote in general, which seems to be increasing every year, and is scaring the shit out of Republicans to the point they’re talking about raising the voting age. Everyone here gets so doom and gloom, we forget that Biden just had a historically great mid-term, largely powered by increased youth vote.

I have hope that since these young adults have been politicized at an earlier age, they won’t flip over to MAGA in the same #s as all the choads in my generation – who were apolitical in their 20s and 30s, and then caught the fox brainworms in their 40s.

4 Likes

They’re already maga in their 20s, at least white males are