2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I assumed he had spicy takes about New Hampshire property taxes, but worried I’d rat him out to my wife (I absolutely would have).

I have spicy takes about California property taxes, but don’t know anything about New Hampshire’s. Or really anything about New Hampshire at all, other than knowing it was Walt’s hideaway in Breaking Bad and the setting of A Prayer for Owen Meany.

1 Like

8 Likes

Do we still have goreo customizations? I assume an upgrade will break them. Good thing we ran him off.

2 Likes

I think about the Roman Republic a fair amount. More this year, because I read a Caesar bio and a pop history book on the fall of the republic.

Also if you read much early American history, the founders were obsessed with Greek and Roman shit, so you end up thinking about the Romans a bit that way. Same with Emerson and to a certain extent Thoreau

Also yes the whole society was racist and war-mongering, but it was an early attempt at a republic-ish system of government over a diverse populace, with an intent to spread the power around. There could be some lessons for the US as we try to hold together a large country with disparate (and batshit crazy) factions.

I lean towards splitting the country up, but that is unlikely to happen and is another kettle of fish

1 Like

I am in favor of yolo… but I am risky business.

As Risky Flush once said:
giphy

1 Like

I don’t care what anyone says, we have achieved peak civilization

https://twitter.com/messedupfoods/status/1705225866182111697

1 Like

Where’s the beef imo.

Is that better than pizza topped with pizza?

1 Like

Some of the themes might break. Discourse Grey [optimal imo], Discourse Light, and Discourse Dark should continue to work because they’re standard Discourse.

Test tweet.
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1704959938722660794?t=uN8aDuMSLi5jxvHF83Tfhw&s=19

Odd debate I’m having.

We have a number of blankets we are going to replace. They are in good condition but the reason we are replacing them is they have dog hair we can’t remove (easily enough to make it worth it).

We are debating if we can give them to the homeless?

Ask the homeless if they mind the dog hair.

If I were homeless I’d probably want a sleeping bag. People way overvalue things they should just toss, which is why Goodwill sorts and trashes most of their donations.

1 Like

Part of my job is literally deploying software. Deploying on Friday is fine if you do this regularly and have a good process for dealing with it. If you don’t have a good process or rollback steps in place, my suggestion would be to not do this on a Friday and ruin any Weekend Fun trying to figure out why the zeros and ones aren’t working right.

I’ve never deployed Discourse though. :man_shrugging:

AI has gone too far

1 Like

Actually not AI.

I’m more of a Bagel Bites on pizza kind of guy.

I think David Chang described doing this on a recent podcast.

1 Like