2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

No

in case people dont. it means “people from pittsburgh/western PA” where everyone says “yinz” instead of something southern like “y’all”. its also where people call people “jagoffs”…

1 Like

I just know it’s some Pittsburgh slang

• yins , yinz , yunz , you’uns , or youns - ( pronoun ) plural of you (second-person personal plural pronoun from Scots-Irish English)[6][7][38][61][13][62][63]

As in “yinz guys are jagoffs”.

This guy has a minute in yinzer at the beginning

1 Like

My ex girlfriend’s mom had a thick West Penn accent. Her saying Warsh made my brain break

2 Likes

BREAKING: Project Veritas suspends all operations effective immediately.

CEO @HannahMGiles and Jen Kiyak of Human Resources cite financial ruin as reason for additional layoffs on 9/20/23 leaving merely a handful of employees left.

All investigations halted as of today.

https://twitter.com/BobbyHReports/status/1704583028943491164?t=dc4TkuvgD8MIsBVM1ISZfw&s=19

4 Likes

Maybe not a lot of free donor money sloshing around as it mainly goes to Trump and his lawyers.

5 Likes

Pour one out for project v everyone…

I do think the lawyers are siphoning off a big part of the griftosphere.

I swear people aged faster back then.

5 Likes

No plastic surgery back then. And weren’t the guys all smokers?

Also, those hairstyles the women have just make people look old.

Plenty of women, too. Smoking rates in Canada these days are higher for men than women, but in the big picture it’s about 12% for men and 9% for women. So roughly 1 in 10 for each.

As recently as 1999 the rates were more than double that for both men and women (27% and 25%). In the 70s it was more like 45% to 55% for men vs. 35% to 40% for women. So there’s been a persistent gap, but still a large number of smokers for both men and women.

There’s probably a number of other factors that impact the prevalance of “aged” appearances. Sun exposure would be a big one, I was a kid in the 80s and sunscreen wasn’t really a thing back then, for example.

There also wasn’t such an emphasis on looking young and a whole industry segment built around stuff that would keep your skin looking young.

1 Like

Good on ya, California.

The first state to put through anti-SLAPPesque legislation for accused sex pests

And Republicans are feeling a keen sense of apprehension that their party will suffer badly should a shutdown transpire.

“We always get the blame,” said Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho), a senior appropriator. “Name one time that we’ve shut the government down and we haven’t got the blame.”

4 Likes

“I always get the blame.”, said Jeffrey Dahmer (serial killer). “Name one time that I killed somebody and didn’t get the blame.”

13 Likes

“We always get the blame” said Discovery CEO David Zaslav “Name one time we cancelled a succesful, highly rated show to save a few pennies and we didn’t get the blame.”

4 Likes

“I always get the blame” said twerpy little ■■■■ Kyler Rittenhouse. “Name one time I traveled across state lines to murder two people and didnt get the blame”

7 Likes

“We always get the blame” said NRA head Wayne LaPierre. “Name one time we held a pro gun rally in a community immediately following a mass shooting and didn’t get the blame.”

5 Likes