2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

2 Likes

As someone who has a degree in physics and a career in computer programming, I agree that physics was much much harder to wrap my head around. Whereas computer programming feels like mostly common sense with some design thrown in. Programming languages were written by humans to get things done. Nature is fucking insane when you really try to understand it under the covers.

That said, a world class software developer knows how to see around corners and build something that won’t be a mess to maintain and add features to in five years. This is very much a skill that takes a lot of aptitude, plus a decade or more of gnarly real-world experience.

IMO Fetterman can suck it up and stick to a dress code like approximately 150M other Americans. I wouldn’t want my dentist, pilot, or senator in a hoodie.

(Not a big issue overall, but sometimes you just suck it up. Think his staff is allowed to wear hoodies?)

3 Likes

To the contrary, it is ridiculous for senators to wear suits. Should be a strict dress code of crimson togas imo. Supreme Court only branch taking their jobs seriously.

6 Likes

Fetterman’s outfit has become too much of an affectation, he’s trying too hard.

1 Like

It’s become an exemplary troll job.

1 Like

Gandhi

Whatever it takes to secure the bro vote for democrats. It’s right there for the taking!

1 Like

I didn’t realize that the shorts Fetterman wears are gym shorts. I think he should be required to dress up to the classy level of jorts.

1 Like

They don’t want to debase the dignity of the senate as we slip into minority fascist rule. A little fucking late folks.

I was using the Canadian spelling.

1 Like

No, because it’s forced and tryhard. A great troll job would involve playing around with the fake Fetterman meme.

1 Like

5 Likes

fetterman calling the republican house members “jagoffs” is prime Yinzer shit. love it.

6 Likes

https://x.com/MattGertz/status/1704486356024516783?s=20

The fundamental problem is that given the current composition of the House there’s no way to both become Speaker and fund the government.

In a country with a better constitutional system the government would fall and we’d have snap elections.

1 Like

I’d trade 2 years of election buildup bullshit for quarterly snap elections any day.

1 Like

We would end up like Israel if we had a parliamentary system.

Do people know what “yinzer” means?

1 Like

I dunno.

Going to a vote because your party fucked up so bad they couldn’t run the country isn’t a great way to get re-elected.