2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I saw this guy on IG yesterday, what an absolute piece of shit.

Also you are probably using cold medicine that doesnā€™t work

1 Like

I donā€™t know, daytime Alka Seltzer Cold & Flu capsules do the trick for me when I need something to clear me up a bit while not making me too tired.

lots of triggered green text snowflakes itt

1 Like

Keep in mind that this is a survey about dating apparently, so the stakes are a bit different. I donā€™t think that Android users are any less human, and they certainly are entitled to the normal basket of rights. But you canā€™t expect people to volunteer to socialize with them.

1 Like

one green texter in a group chat is just the worst. i think apple makes it even worse intentionally so their users ostracize and shame others into coming to blue text world.

1 Like

i predict a ā€œmenimistā€ freak out over this, but i know some people that would appreciate it.

my bartender friend just text me last night that she was uncomfortable in her uber ride home after her shift because the guy was blaring an incel podcast about the downfall of society due to womenā€™s right to vote.

3 Likes

Androids are literally less human

2 Likes

My wifeā€™s friends get mad at her for being the only Android user in their group texts. We just point to the fact that we got great phones for $99.

1 Like

Lifetime being ostracized : priceless

1 Like

Google is working on RCS at least and, ya, itā€™s Appleā€™s fault. I just enabled it following these instructions but it didnā€™t seem to work when texting to my partnerā€™s iPhone, so idk.

This is also an example of Google rolling out something poorly by not enabling it by default. Theyā€™ll probably just sunset Android soon or something.

Apple views iMessage as a huge feature for its customers and they have said they will not make an android version.

Creating the green text stuff was deliberate to stratify consumers and it has worked.

Everyone i interact with can bitch about some stupid text message thing and I just donā€™t care, it certainly wonā€™t get me to buy an iPhone.

6 Likes

This showed up on my phone a while ago, it must have been a part of a Messages update because I donā€™t get operating system updates anymore.

Just wondering what the demographics are here.

Your main mobile phone is what?
  • Apple
  • Android
  • Something else

0 voters

Iā€™m
Guessing 25-30% iPhone. Plus 1% Microsoft phone

There is a tragic story I read recently of a ~1 year old that was run over and killed in a hit-and-run while he was temporarily unattended (snuck away?? Iā€™m not really sure what that means tbh but thatā€™s the language Iā€™ve seen used). It bubbled up in my feed because it happened near where I grew up. I havenā€™t followed it too closely but the cops (or residents) were able to find the evidence they needed to charge and arrest the person allegedly responsible after a period of about 2-3 months.

A group formed to stand at the courthouse to express their opinion about the issue as they thought it took too long to charge/arrest and they made some shirts for the cause.

What do you folks think of these shirts?

I am probably the asshole for even having opinion here, these folks are recovering from a major trauma event, but the graphic just seemed so poorly done. Perhaps the kid loved dune buggies with all their heart, I just donā€™t think I could look at these shirts if I were the parent.

2 Likes

Yea thats a weird design choice. Would be like making a memorial shirt for the Uvalde students that had a flag and an AR14 on it.

1 Like