2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Real.

1 Like

3 Likes

Recently got a new Acer monitor on sale from Costco. Easy set up, good picture quality. But I’m easy when it comes to monitors. I don’t use it for gaming or anything really graphics intensive.

My mother was big into tanning. Now she’s removing basil skin cell spots every year or so.

Tanning is just slowly cooking your body.

i have a truck where you physically have to roll the windows down.

What does live tweeting 9/11 mean?

1 Like

My most vivid 9/11 memory is when some Facebook lady made something like a commemorative cake with two towers on fire or something like that, and was showered with HOW DARE YOU THIS IS A SACRED DAY RESPECT THE TROOPS MUSLIMS ARE EVIL YOUR CAKE IS AN INSULT TO OUR GREAT NATION reactions. This may or may not have happened, sometimes I remember things that never happened, especially if they are super funny. Along the same lines I think some small town did a 9/11 SUPPORT THE TROOPS GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH DEATH TO ISLAM APPLE PIES parade that included a float with the two towers on fire.

1 Like

9 Likes

He tweets as if he’s live tweeting the events as they were happening.

1 Like

Gurner Group founder Tim Gurner tells the Financial Review Property Summit workers have become “arrogant” since COVID and “We’ve got to kill that attitude.”

https://x.com/OlufemiOTaiwo/status/1701633848629682588?s=20

1 Like

I really think they should leave those 9/11 spotlights on downtown all the time. Then they could change the colors throughout the year, just like the Empire State building, to celebrate events like National Secretaries Day and the Barnard graduation etc.

1 Like

Fucking hell

Face mites, also known as Demodex folliculorum (D. folliculorum) are microscopic tick-like organisms. These demodex mites aren’t visible on the face. They live in the hair follicles in your skin, especially around the eyelids and lashes, and feed on dead skin cells and oils. Demodex brevis (D. brevis), a second type, usually lives on thin, wrinkled skin.

**Research suggests that with age, the mites are found in essentially 100% of all adults.**1 Everyone has face mites, but they become problematic when they overgrow—a condition known as demodicosis. This can cause symptoms like itching and sores, as well as trigger or aggravate skin conditions like eczema or rosacea. Demodicosis requires treatment.2

4 Likes

Ok NIMBY, where do you suggest the mites live? :grinning:

15 Likes

I’m so annoyed that I read this.

1 Like

Do these things survive when I jump into an over chlorinated pool?

“Unemployment has to jump 40-50%”

1 Like

Why even post this?

1 Like

Meh all kinds of weird things live in and on you

3 Likes

I needed to share my pain.

2 Likes

All part of the circle of life baby. Do people that get those chemical face treatments kill these off? I suppose they re-populate on their own between treatments or something.