2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

If I am in a room and someone’s phone is going off and nobody is answering I am saying “whose phone is ringing?” not “who is getting a call?”

Yeah I have nothing

Is a phone ring a thing?

Never heard of such a device but if one exists, then both answers are correct.

Why’s it called a ringtone then?

NOT AN ARGUMENT

Didn’t know Stefan Molyneux frequented these forums

1 Like

I need 4 computer monitors for a new home setup. Currently looking at getting 24" monitors from Acer, but curious if anyone has experience with any brands being either better or better value

1 Like

We still say “dial a number” and “hang up”.

1 Like

We also roll down the car window.

And the symbol for saving files on Microsoft Word, etc. is a floppy disk.

1 Like

Check Costco if you have a membership there. I got a monitor at a good price a couple years ago from them, and they had a pretty decent selection.

This is still the sign for a speed camera in the UK

3 Likes

I still buy the same HP 32" monitors that I used in my poker days (used now). Love 'em.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a Go Pro?

1 Like

TIL there’s an anti-sunscreen movement.

Among influencers in the conservative camp, the medical community’s consensus on the importance of applying sunscreen every day is a liberal conspiracy to deprive people of the sun’s curative powers and men of testosterone.

Earlier this month, one right-wing influencer on X, formerly Twitter, shared a user’s bizarre claim that vitamin D makes people more “right-wing” by boosting their testosterone. “The real reason liberals hate the sun,” he wrote.

For right-wing and apolitical manfluencers, slathering on sunscreen is weak. Sunbathing is encouraged. “If you aren’t taking advantage of sunning your balls, you might want to consider it,” said one popular TikTok user. “Most sunscreen is pure b—,” said another.

We are too stupid to survive as a society.

How do we convince these people to fall in love with something that kills faster than skin cancer and more often than covid? It can’t instantly kill you. But within a few years would be a long enough timeline for the idiots to all do it. And if only say 10% of them die, the rest will just chalk it up to “if it didn’t happen to me, it didn’t happen.”

1 Like

Why is the government trying to keep you from snorting fentanyl? THINK ABOUT IT, sheeple!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/this_is_mallory/status/1700134602730561959

There is apparently an anti-glasses movement too.

1 Like

When does the anti-ass-wiping movement happen?

2 Likes

5 Likes

These boneheads have been around for a while, for unknown reasons I’m aware of this book (“Take Off Your Glasses And See!”):

https://www.amazon.com/Take-Off-Your-Glasses-See/dp/0517886049