2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

No, it’s a question about a single word.
As evidenced by the underlining - and the question itself.

1 Like

I feel like we are missing more instructions on the worksheet.

1 Like

It’s a shit question, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I think that’s ringing but confidence is low.

I assume/hope that question was in the context of teaching the kids about words having different meaning, so they know they’re supposed to pick the image that matches the meaning of the word in the context of the sentence.

1 Like

Just had my first ever phone call political survey. Only two view questions, abortion and economy. The rest were about political identity or who I’d vote for. Seemed pretty dumb.

Pro abortion anti economy?

“what do you think is most important for the economy: job training, infrastructure, or lowering taxes” was the gist of the question

I hate when people talk about or ask questions about “the economy” without defining it. Like what does “the economy” even mean?

how is your specific industry doing?

“The job market is hot!” … tells me 0

3 Likes

Today on ‘Fuck Scientologists’

Yeah, fuck those guys

Are they scientologists also? Can’t be bothered to check.

Also, they’re barely recognizable. Both of them clean up really well.

You inspired me to try Ali’i fish company. I got the kahlua pork and poke bowl. It was really good. But just for pure poke I think there’s another place near me that’s better.

1 Like

Do people refer to their smartphone vibrating because someone’s calling them as it ringing?

Not saying you can’t say that, but I feel like my natural phrasing would be “I’m getting a call” or “someone’s calling me” etc…

I’m tempted to defend the ring answer on the basis that the pictures phone doesn’t ring, but that strikes me as going too far.

Will “the phone is ringing” exist as a description of getting a call in a decade?

What about if your phone isn’t on silent?

THATS NOT RINGING