2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

what’s it like inventing chili cheese fries in 2016

5 Likes

It was pretty easy to find in Rochester NY, but you are correct that it should be more popular nationally.

1 Like

They have a Vegas location. Nothing short of the apocalypse could stop me from trying these fries (followed by everything else on the menu).

2 Likes

Yeah, next time I’m in town, I’ll be there for sure.

I love a good poutine, but this is good too.

I just got a heart attack by clicking on the webpage.

2 Likes

Omg, honey garlic shrimp steak fries.

Sounds like fucking heaven

1 Like

OH FUCK A SACRAMENTO LOCATION!

3 Likes

So this is from a post on Reddit that has stirred up quite the academic debate. Naturally, the intellectual heavyweights are debating a 1st grade homework problem.

So what does Unstuck think?

The correct answer is to circle the…
  • Ring
  • Phone
0 voters

i said ring but wtf i’m wrong haha

What a time to be alive

Won’t the fries just get incredibly soggy and unappetizing? Spoken as a true philistine.

1 Like

Ring matches the word.
Phone only matches the sentence.
Word is underscored in the question; why’s there a debate here?

7 Likes

How are the fries going to last long enough to get soggy?? Make it make sense.

2 Likes

I’d say neither is correct. They underlined “ring” so that would indicate that “ring” is the word they are looking for because the instructions underline “word” and then “ring” is the underlined word. But the they use ring to mean a sound not the physical object, so there is no correct answer, only wrong and ignorant answers.

3 Likes

It’s obviously the ring, clearly the lesson is about keeping your cool when you are being trolled.

4 Likes

Would bet the fries get soggy on the way from the kitchen to the table if loaded with a lot of wet stuff.

2 Likes

That’s fair but imo that’s a problem with the efficiency of service. We’ve got a hot plate ready to go!

If you can’t hear the customer’s first bite make a “crunch,” you apologize and remake the dish.

It’s a question about reading comprehension, not homonyms.

The ring in question refers to the sound a phone makes, not the thing you give to your girlfriend. So you circle the phone.

2 Likes

Question asks to circle picture that matches the underlined word.

The word ring is underlined. None of the other words in that box have relevance, as they are not underlined.

One of the pictures is a ring, the other is a phone. Which one matches ring? The ring.

3 Likes

This sounds like some.super crunchy fries! Ok, I’ll give it a pass.

1 Like