2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

:vince3:

1 Like

$1800? Take this over to Chiefs Planet

1 Like

Figures to go on sale the day after I bought 4

3 Likes

Done

Wat

1 Like

Never fails, every time the LA Times does “Best X in LA” they leave a big gap where I live. This one is sub sandwiches.

You will notice a giant wasteland in the lower left of your screen. Obviously you can say we have no good subs. But they do that with everything, including stuff like Ramen, which Torrance has some great places. The only time they ever acknowledge we exist is when they do douchiest bars, where Sharkeez always places in the top 5.

It has it’s upside though in that LA food hipsters never make it this far down to create giant lines and ruin places, like they love to do.

2 Likes

Lol, Sharkeez is an amazing bar name.

Such bullshit. Why don’t they fucking recognize Ale Bar in Prague? Such a wasteland in the lower part of the screen and it’s like we have no bars south of Torrance.

There’s absolutely no way that you don’t have a sub better than the mediocrity that is “The Sandwich” from Roma Market in Pasadena. Just look at the picture of it in the article, it’s…so meh. Why, Jonathan Gold, why?

1 Like

Exactly. We have an Italian deli called Giulano’s that makes amazing subs.

“Nothing good every happens at Sharkeez” has been a mantra for a long time.

A long time ago it used to be the cool meat-market place for ex-frat chuds and the girls who seem to enjoy getting harassed by them. Women had to run a literal gauntlet of dudes camped out along the hallway to the bathroom, hitting on every girl that came by. I’d never seen anything like it.

But those days are long gone and now it’s just aggressive bridge-and-tunnel people (LA has no bridges or tunnels, but the same concept applies, it’s not Hermosa beach locals). At least at night. Locals still go during the day and mimosa brunch.

How do you rate these places?

Holy shit

1 Like

Damn. Might have to try that.

I eat Phanny’s and Sweet Wheat about once a week each for breakfast. Sweet Wheat’s flan in a pie crust is mind-bottlingly good.

Other than that I’ve never been to any of them.

Just looks like some sort of poutine variant

Yeah, and we dont have enough good poutine here in the States.

It’s so true. Like here in Northern New Jersey I could within a 15 minute drive get restaurant food from like 40 different national cuisines, but not a good poutine. The Canada restaurant at Epcot is pretty popular, Americans love it. There should be a space in the American market for more poutine.

we’ve got poutine around here but that’s probably because cheese curds are such a common menu item

1 Like

It’s a cheese fries variant.