2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Well, if nothing else, this forum has proven that persuasion is out the window. If subtly misleading people leads to an Overton Window shift and the alternative is GOP rule, there is no choice.

As has been said many times, none of this debate/abuse/discord seems to happen at SPE from what Iā€™m told. I really donā€™t get why people donā€™t just post there if they think this site has gone to shit (and isnā€™t salvageable) and is trolling female activists/ attacking doctors/attacking Americans/being tankie posters/being leftist scum/shitting on dems/shitting on all politicians/shitting on all political staffers/questioning western democratic processes etc.

Edit: everybody needs to assess what their purpose for posting is and then just go where those purposes are satisfied. Be it SPE, UP, 2p2 or wherever.

2 Likes

I would hope that people who elect to bully someone whoā€™s out there doing good work should not feel all warm and fuzzy here.

I canā€™t think of anyone who fits that bill. I can think of someone who thinks itā€™s a jolly wheeze to print deliberately misleading election gumpf in order to lure unsuspecting voters. How original and progressive, accelerating the race to the bottom.

And please, can I ask you not to swear again?its deeply offensive.

HOLY SHIT WE GOT MARKETING UP IN HERE!

Absolutely nothing on that flier is untrue, and as much as you will refuse to admit it, it does, in fact, say reproductive freedom, and it ainā€™t even in fine print. Maybe you should shut the fuck up and let the person whoā€™s there doing the work do what she does rather than mansplaining to her how you know so much better than she does from an ocean away?

1 Like

No, mansplaining isnā€™t that.

Mansplaining would be like telling a female how she should feel about certain words, even if she is your lieutenant.Thatā€™s mansplaining. Try to consider the real meaning of words before you use them in future.

And talking of oceans awayā€¦you four squared yourself there.

Hahahhahahahahhaha. Hilarious. Not only is that clearly not what mansplaining is, it isnā€™t even a remotely accurate description of what Iā€™ve been doing. Iā€™ve been talking to you and cassette. Only. Skydiver can do and feel whatever she wants.

1 Like

I honestly think they would post the same way if sky were a man.

1 Like

Itā€™s unfalsifiable, but the counterpoint is that there are very, very, very few other posters who can post something objectively good and yet still draw ham fisted hate from the usual subjects.

strangegame

8 Likes

Whoooooooosh

It feels like they mainly like using her as a proxy for Buttigieg and everything they think he represents about what they believe is wrong with the Democratic establishment, even though he did nothing illegal or unethical by dropping out of the primaries. I think a male poster who was so strongly identified with Mayor Pete would get the same treatment.

Iā€™ve gotten to where I can insta-tell when itā€™s coming, and just scroll scroll scroll.

Iā€™ve always had that. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve never had a problem with this place. Seems fine to me. Could it be better? Sure. But I still think it is OK for what it is.

Skydiver works on a campaign in real life, Iā€™m sure she can handle whatever gets thrown at her here.

Itā€™s bizarre that everything thinks she is some type of snow flake that needs protecting.

I know she can hold her own

Well, in this very thread you posted a similar thing about targeting messaging to different audiences in Ohio and how it isnā€™t terrible and got no pushback. Take that for what you will.

Sure, I can hold my own (mostly by laughing, a lot) but I wonā€™t lie itā€™s also nice to have some validation. I think thatā€™s just human nature.

2 Likes

I know when I worked on a campaign it could be super deflating to the point where you start doubting yourself.

I obviously donā€™t always agree with you but I do respect you.

Thanks for posting.

Itā€™s a shame that everyone seems to want to skip this type of stuff and instead complain that wookie and any random poster are arguing.

There is plenty of good content on this site, people just canā€™t be bothered to read

1 Like

lol incredibly pathetic, yet predictable