2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Do you have anything better to do than stick your nose in when your loyal ex-lieutenant is engaging in debate, as if she’s not capable of speaking for herself?

I can answer that for you - you could read up on modern European history so you don’t make so many stupid statements in future.

LMAO “debate”

HAHAHAHAHA “ex-lieutenant”

Oh my god this is hilarious

Apparently Katyal managed to hike out.

1 Like

You’re fucking pathetic, dude.

1 Like

I saw that. Perfect example of Dude Who Goes To Burning Man :joy:

Are you talking about the LOL democrats thread. I didn’t see any cassette posts in there with the content you claimed. Did you? If so, it should be too hard to link it.

Hold on, how is that flyer an example of the Democrats being anything other than weak?

Ohioans want legal abortion. They even proved a couple weeks ago that they understand the nuances of these referendum games.

“Don’t mention abortion” is an example of the complete and total lockdown that the most ignorant operatives have on the Democratic Party. Purple and red states, in their minds, are not heterogeneous. The point, in their minds, is to win over people that have sworn blood oaths against them. People who continue to vote GOP despite even acknowledging in diner interviews that the Democrats are the reason their small business is thriving instead of bankrupt. Despite being hit in the face every election with the truth that it’s about turning people out rather than convincing people to flip parties, we get this ignorant bullshit about “just say freedom. Just lie to voters. Voters are stupid babies.”

Ok, now what about the “whining” that Democrats don’t play hardball? First of all, that comes from a group consisting of people who don’t even post here anymore, like Riverman, Commonwealth, and BoredSocial. The geniuses who want to be, their words, the Roger Stones of the Democratic Party. What Skydiver might be misunderstanding is that people repeatedly point out to her that things like Power of the Pulpit (and so many more separate concepts) are old concepts that used to be considered mainstream polysci 101 until the Democratic Party decided to spend all their time focus grouping ways to get Skydiver types to believe “we can’t do that. The President is not a dictator,” or “we don’t actually have a majority im Congress,” etc. It’s not about lying to voters or tricking voters. It’s about mundane actions in office that used to be norms, that are now third rails, because the Democratic Party is fully captured by corporations, Saudi Arabia, and Israel, and good at talking bullshit that Skydiver loves to eat.

1 Like

This is genuinely unhinged. What are you talking about?

I assure you, if anyone else had posted this, they would have had nothing to say.

Skydiver thinks the “correct” electoral outcome is more important than a democratic electoral outcome. I don’t think that’s a controversial paraphrase, and it’s an idea that’s been floated many times on this board.

It could have been an interesting discussion if the usual culprits hadn’t made this about forum wars.

I miss the wookie who had a sparkle in his eye and wasn’t so destructive.

How the mighty have fallen

The good Christian who didn’t swear like a trooper is dead.

Wtf, of course that’s a controversial paraphrase!

1 Like

The goal is to subtly mislead voters into voting the right way. I’m not sure if you are being serious right now. Cu**rounder and boredsocial had a big thread on why it’s good to be the Dem Roger Stone, etc. This is a very cold take and an old idea talked about for thousands of posts on UP.

Top half is absolutely PERFECT messaging for a place like Ohio, where you have a lot of dumb people who don’t pay attention and happen to lean toward the 'murica! side of conservatism.

Like, I would never ever mention “reproductive rights” to these people, just bang on the drum of “vote yes to freedom” messaging. Hopefully the yard signs are just the top half of this flyer.

As an organizer I understand the necessity of the bottom half (these are probably targeted toward likelier voters, anyway), but as a strategist…just talk about freedom…don’t even need to say what kind.

Right. And it’s hardly a leap that skydiver is putting this flyer in with those tactics. Because she said something along the lines of, now y’all are mad when we finally use the tactics you wanted

People like Roger Stone would flat-out lie and commit crimes to get people to vote their way. Is there anything on that flier that is factually incorrect? Is there anything illegal?

Appreciate the work you do to get out the vote @skydiver8, it sucks that the moderators have chosen to do nothing about the abuse you get.

12 Likes

It’s not misleading to say that voting the pro-choice way is also the pro-freedom vote! It’s just straightforwardly true.

3 Likes

The level of dishonesty from you here is shocking to me.

We are talking about an omission of abortion in the headline, and it’s skydiver herself who refers to this lie of omission.

For you to twist this to “the headline is calling abortion freedom” is laughable and proof that you’re just playing forum games.