2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to bridge jumpers.

Are any of the groupies under 65? Iā€™m not judging, just curious

Seems accurate

1 Like

All my info is second-hand, but I believe the answer is yes.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious. Are you curious?

3 Likes

Only posting this because I learned a new word that Brits and Americans spell differently

At least 57 people fell ill with sickness and diarrhoea after competing in sea swimming events at the World Triathlon Championship Series in Sunderland, health officials confirmed this weekend.

nah bro we americans also spell it ā€œswimmingā€

Yes but over there, they spell ā€œsickā€ i-l-l

Someone reading this, at least two people in fact, may wonder about my whereabouts. I am in graphic design school. I spend a lot of time studying typography, adobe programs, and drawing football players.

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheRealThelmaJ1/status/1688059620609474560

Iā€™ve grunched a bunch of this thread and have no idea what the title is in reference to, but if itā€™s a proposal for a new Unstuck tagline/slogan then I vote yes.

3 Likes
1 Like

There are basically continuous scandals because bridge cheating is very hard to regulate and thereā€™s lots of money in the scene because rich amateurs pay good players to be on their teams so they can LARP in big tournaments and have the illusion of doing well.

Thatā€™s easy to understand. I want to hear more about these groupies.

From my research (this is not all from feedmykids), tournament assistants (ā€œcaddiesā€) are known to have relationships with players.

Also, my understanding is that the relationships between the rich amateurs and the skilled players they pay to help them get trophies can sometimes get blurred to the point itā€™s not clear exactly what the money is paying for, if you get my drift.

When I hear groupie, I associate that with a sub 30-year-old. Actually probably much younger. Is that the case here?

I donā€™t know anything about anything but most of the young pro-level players Iā€™m aware of are men. So above makes it sound like guys at the skill of fmk were either banging some 65-year-old boomer Karen for cash or possibly a dude in the same demographic.

Oh my sweet summer queer :popcorn:

At the elite level, bridge has become a million-dollar cut-throat business. When a competitive player is accused of cheating, the ensuing scandal confounds experts, criminal science, celebrities and basic belief.

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to speak for AQ, but when I wonder about seediness, Iā€™m talking about elements not related to cheating.

2 Likes

I apologize! I misunderstood the topic.

1 Like

Nah I was def including cheating and gambling

1 Like