2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

It’s last year’s on YouTube.

1 Like

Would it suprise you that a darling conservative that Peter Thiel has pushed has a history of white supremist writing claiming minorities don’t have the requisite IQ assimilate and that women didn’t evolve to be decision makers?

Hoste’s arguments for a whiter America and Europe most often relied on the false claim that white people possess a superior intelligence. “While an increasing Muslim underclass might not inspire as much bad art, the IQ and genetic differences between them and native Europeans are real, and assimilation is impossible,” he wrote in a 2009 piece for The Occidental Observer.

Hispanic people, he wrote in a 2010 article in Counter-Currents, “don’t have the requisite IQ to be a productive part of a first world nation.” He then made an argument for ethnic cleansing, writing that “the ultimate goal should be to get all the post-1965 non-White migrants from Latin America to leave.

“If we want to defend our liberty and property, a low-IQ group of a different race sharing the same land is a permanent antagonist,” he wrote

The bulk of Hoste’s bigotry, however, was directed at Black people. He lamented what he saw as the growing preponderance of “miscegenation,” or white and Black people dating each other. “For the white gene pool to be created millions had to die,” Hoste wrote once. “Race mixing is like destroying a unique species or piece of art. It’s shameful.”

And in May, Hanania tweeted a link to a Substack article he’d written about one of his favorite subjects: “the reality of Black crime,” or as Hanania alternately put it, “the pathologies of the inner city.

I don’t have much hope that we’ll solve crime in any meaningful way,” Hanania tweeted while promoting the article. “It would require a revolution in our culture or form of government. We need more policing, incarceration, and surveillance of black people. Blacks won’t appreciate it, whites don’t have the stomach for it.”

A short time later, the world’s richest man, and the owner of Twitter (since rebranded as “X”), replied to Hanania’s tweet. “Interesting,” Elon Musk wrote

I’m sad to report that this doesn’t really translate to compelling TV.

1 Like

I think I’d rather watch this:

The 2+2 poster who survived a jump from the Brooklyn Bridge, and later died from cirrhosis, was a pro backgammon player. He told me some tales of the backgammon world’s seedy underbelly. It/his story would make a great movie.

3 Likes

Twitch riot in NYC today

1 Like

Wasn’t he also a golf hustler? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

I just looked back at our correspondence and my memory is going in my old age, he was a pro bridge player, not backgammon. Not sure about the golf.

When you first described it, I thought “How many game-playing bros attempted suicide like that?”, because I was thinking of the bridge-playing dude.

It’s especially crazy to mess that up considering he jumped off a bridge.

5 Likes

Here’s the thread

RIP

1 Like

I played a lot of live backgammon and bridge in high school and college, if you ignore the 900 year old grammas at the bridge club the player pools are roughly the same on the sleaze scale

The chef at Canterbury Park is pissed off and has gone rogue:

1 Like

Jonathan Lethem has an interesting novel where the main character is a pro backgammon gambler.

It’s not one of his best books but still pretty good.

Chronic City is awesome.

It sounds like a mash-up between Rain Man and Flowers for Algernon.

I heard Bust a Move today, and for the first time I wondered why I would be Larry’s best man when he has a brother (Harry, my best friend). Turns out I am not the first person to mull this.

3 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

1 Like

Wait, so bridge is seedy? I’m suddenly way more interested than I was in reading about seedy backgammon

2 Likes

Lots of sex and drugs. Bridge groupies exist.

2 Likes