2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

No one can be on the VP ticket unless they are eligible to become president.

Even if it was allowed, a Biden/Obama ticket wouldn’t “Mondale” shit. It would be very close and come down to like 6 states, just like the Biden/Harris ticket will.

Jimmy Carter still has 4 years of eligibility imo.

3 Likes
1 Like

Shower thought this morning. Everyone likes to shit on Pepper Brooks, but it WAS a bold strategy and it DID pay off for them, so who’s laughing now?

3 Likes

God dammit, I started watching Lonely Island videos and I can’t extricate myself from their YouTube channel.

3 Likes

Billion dollar lotteries on a good trend! With enough time, I’ll eventually be able to win one of these.

1 Like

Youre in the motherfucking Space Olympics!

1 Like

That reminds me that I bought a Mega Millions quick pick yesterday. Lots of numbers > 31 so I think my odds are pretty good.

1 Like

A pretty random business acquaintance told me via email today that if she wins I’ll never work again. Enforceable imo.

2 Likes

I have been there before

What’s the track record on billion dollar winners. They all going broke too?

You’ll never work in this town again? Might be more like a threat than a promise.

5 Likes

I mean I’m sure there are some positive outcomes but all the one’s I’ve read about have gone badly. That’s likely due to selection bias, but it seems like a target rich environment.

That’s because you’ll never work a day in your life when you do what you love.

3 Likes

I smell a future lawsuit

I was reading a bunch of articles today about how taking the annuity is largely favorable for people with no experience having large sums of money. They said after the 5th or 6th time you go broke you start learning and have another 23 chances to get it right.

Also cuts down on how many people can ask you for shit. “Sorry, its April and I already burned through my 30 million this year. Try again next year”

4 Likes

If I ever won the lottery I would probably take the lump sum and quit my job. But If I ever retire I will probably buy an annuity with my savings. Just how I roll

2 Likes

At a billion dollsrs you can take the annuity and still quit your job

Just rough and dirty math, cash option after taxes on 1 billion should allow you to come close to earning a million a month on moderate investing so you don’t even have to touch the principal.

Unfortunately some people would not be happy with just a million dollars a month.

1 Like

That’s just not how I do things