2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I’m at my youngest child’s high school freshman orientation and I trimmed my ear hair today.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

7 Likes

I stayed at a place with a magnifying mirror and liked it so much I bought one for my home. You’d be surprised how many weird places hairs are growing out of.

Gotta look for the soccer moms. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m in full dad mode: “Boy, that is not appropriate attire for school. I thought there was a dress code.”

That’s not much of a selling point imo.

Nothing like the breezy feeling of freshly-trimmed nose hairs.

It is if you plan to pluck them.

I’ve designed my bathroom lighting in order to provide the most flattering view possible. When I bought this place they had some 70s era florescence in here, just ghastly. When they come out with mirrors that do Instagram style touch ups I’ll probably buy one.

2 Likes

Oh, they’re in our district. A suburb that’s still part of San Diego proper that is basically the northern-most part of the city.

Mostly white middle class families. I posted about it here:

1 Like

Nobody wants to pay California prices for Japanese sized apartments. Even regular studios here are in the $2k range.

Morrissey backs ass-first into a good point

“There is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well),” he wrote, “and they are never praised until death – when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you.

7 Likes

So, wouldn’t they just be cheaper than $2k?

7 Likes

UFOs Are NOT Real: the next conspiracy theory

Trees falling in a forest that no one hears.

This popped up in my X feed (xeed?) today:

https://twitter.com/odtorson/status/1684622700965199872

Brought back some fond memories of excellent mspaints.

5 Likes

Speaking of classic threads from the old country:

1 Like

If I’m sitting outside at a restaurant/bar having a drink and I notice a bug floating around in this now half empty drink. Can I then ask for it to be replaced free of charge?

1 Like

I’d ask.

Of course not.