2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Funny, but “slutspurt” doesn’t mean clearance sale, but rather “final dash”’ (literally) or whatever English term describes the final phase of a sales period, often with the biggest discounts.

Slutspurt can the used in a number of other ways.

1 Like

Nonsense. Every music genre has garbage and great stuff. Practically everyone likes Johnny Cash for example (for good reason).

I can think of at least one

1 Like

2 Likes
2 Likes

yeah, people online were roasting him for growing up in a 200k population city and going to a 9k a year private school… and i’m sure that random tennesee court house was chosen for something other than the lynching… in a city of 40,000 people must be a good example of a “small town”

he’s the perfect example of what bo burnham is talking about.

2 Likes

Reminder that this is the same guy who was performing onstage in Las Vegas in 2017 when the mass shooting occurred. It is impossible to understate what a piece of shit Jason Aldean is.

4 Likes

3 Likes

over*

1 Like

I didn’t watch the clip, but I was just thinking one thing nobody has pegged correctly about the future is us having to pay for EVERYTHING monthly or annually. That is where we are headed.

Aren’t all our tax dollars going to fund DC? Or do they have other funding?

This is some crazy snake oil they are buying. Ev battery extender voodoo.

Not in the clip: 6 slips of latinum just to sit on the bench! Quark stands.

2 Likes

The DC government owns more than 100 Chevrolet Bolt EVs as part of its fleet, some of which are used for duties like parking enforcement. It has fitted 40 Bolts with EMM devices at a staggering cost of $14,000 per vehicle, plus an additional $3,000 per EV for “data monitoring.”

Can’t imagine parking enforcement exceeds the ~250 mile range often enough to support this kind of spending.

Supposedly, the Roman general Marcus Licinius Crassus, possibly the richest man ever until Elon, had a brigade of firefighting slaves that he would send to your house,
if it happened to be burning down. He would have them put the fire out for you, as soon as you agreed to sell the place to him at a significant discount.

https://twitter.com/AdamSextonWMUR/status/1681700431448113155

Sununu isn’t running–alright dems do not blow this senate seat

700,000 people live in DC. We pay local income, property, sales, and various other taxes. Most of the DC budget comes from this money. Just like states, we get some federal funding via grants and spending on programs like Medicare.

1 Like

Their license plate says “taxation without representation” for a reason

2 Likes

Speaking of taxes, I just found out that in Florida, whether you purchase a $300,000 yacht or a $10,000,000 yacht or a $100,000,000,000,000,000 yacht, the maximum sales tax you will pay is $18,000

2 Likes

New Australian venomous snake just dropped.

4 Likes

No wonder that anti venom wasn’t working.