2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

7 Likes

oh my I wonder what signs could possibly be bothering her

Do you want what’s behind door number two or what I have inside this box?

1 Like

That’s odd. It isn’t paywalled for me.

I always get a paywall for this site.

4 Likes

The gist of the story is that a bunch of Hondurans in the last few years from a specific village have come to SF to sell fentanyl and they are building cool houses with references to San Francisco with remittances. The San Francisco government recognizes that drug criminalization is bad and the Tenderloin seems to be operating as a Hamsterdam style open drug market (with the tiny problem that people + children actually live there). I thought it was cool that there are old ladies who drive around and sell food from their cars to the drug dealers so they don’t have to leave the block to eat.

https://archive.ph/JQLR9

Wasn’t paywalled for me either. Might only be paywalled for extreme conservatives (jk)

2 Likes

Hero for not eating the dog. I remember a story a while back about a guy and his dog that got lost in the woods, guy killed his dog on like day 3. AFTER it saved his life from a bear lol what an asshole

4 Likes

I would feed myself to my dog before eating her.

9 Likes

I love how the second sign said both

All lives matter

and

Unborn lives matter

It’s like they thought “There is a subsection of lives where there is disagreement on whether they matter; let’s name it specifically to emphasize where we stand on that issue.”

4 Likes

Eh, I’m not so sure.

2 Likes
1 Like

Rod Serling, '73

https://twitter.com/AnneSerling/status/1681058397008060416?s=20

3 Likes

Does the cruise end here?

2 Likes

I’m frankly amazed that there was an entire discussion of skydiving possibilities ITT and I wasn’t tagged.

You must have known that I was in full on recovery mode from Pride week, hah

5 Likes

how it started:

As the family walks away from her, Lohan follows them and accuses them of trafficking the children. She speaks to them in what sounds like Arabic with an apparent Arabic accent.

At one point she tells the family, “You’re ruining Arabic culture,” adding, “Don’t fuck with Pakistan.”

When Lohan grabs one of the boys the mother appears to hit Lohan. At the end of the video Lohan looks stunned and cries that she was only attempting to save the children.

how it’s going:

Bader Shammas

1 Like

This is so infuriating because it’s obvious that there’s no way to get out of it. If you’re poor there no luxury that you’re allowed, no matter how small, that can’t not be used as evidence that you’re not actually trying to save money like you should.

In that first team meeting, which took place by phone, Dass tried to paint a picture of herself and Bieniasz as responsible parents. Living at the campground while saving up for an R.V. was a conscious choice, she said — a short-term sacrifice that would give their daughter longer-term stability. Dass insisted that the baby was healthy and that she hadn’t witnessed any withdrawal symptoms. “People should not be shamed for being on Suboxone,” Dass argued, according to the D.C.S. notes from the meeting.

But Pugliese, the D.C.S. investigator, seemed unconvinced. If the parents were trying to save money, Dass remembers her asking, then why did she have a full set of manicured nails?

They were press-ons from the dollar store,” Dass told me.)

They Followed Doctors’ Orders. Then Their Children Were Taken Away. Pregnant Women on Anti-Addiction Medication Had Their Babies Taken Away - The New York Times

2 Likes