2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I would be so much better at youth sports.

Some of you are failing the consider all the fun roller coasters you won’t be able to ride for a few years. Have fun on the kiddie mary-go-round!

hooray Johnson & Johnson, cool dudes

Clovis is right, the answer is trivially correct.

Check out lollmao the six-year-old power ball billionaire bitches. Fuck your $10MM

1 Like

Monkey’s Paw twist: you’re 6 years old in 1898 and promptly put to work in the coal mines.

4 Likes

This contract would have to be 2000 pages to avoid all the monkey paws.

3 Likes

So it’s like the Star Trek TNG episode where Picard, Guinan, Ro, and Keiko all get turned into little kids?

“Why are you acting weird Miles?”

Chief O’Brien is all OK is this a sting operation from Federation Child Protective Services?

5 Likes

Nothing compared to being conscripted into WW1.

2 Likes

Always good for a rewatch

4 Likes

J&J aren’t heroes in the other story either. There will probably be another chapter to it.

1 Like

I think it comes down to if you’re happy with your current life.

Someone who has a rich, full life would take the $10M.

If your life sucks, you take the do-over.

As someone who has gone back to uni as a 40 year old. It’s clear that all of us would crush school through to master’s level.

Just skip 10 grades. Do 4 undergraduate degrees by age 10 and be famous. And instead of being some weird ass child prodigy you actually have reasonable mature takes on policy.

Become president/ prime minister. Whatever.

This also works for the “Oh my god, I had such a huge crush on you” statements that get heard at school reunions.

1 Like

Thats bad!

I visited friends in Boston and spent the night in the dorms at Harvard in fall of 2002 when Mark was a freshman, so I could potentially live my life exactly the same up until that day and just take a detour to tell mark to hurry up and invent Facebook and watch out for the winklevoss twins in exchange for 10% of the company.

2 Likes

Grunching, but perhaps “stopping 9/11” has a little more to it than the 3,000 deaths.

and here I figured once trump vs clinton in a potus election happened the fantasies of we totally could go back and stop anything died for all of us

1 Like

I can just imagine idiot me trying to convince the FBI that a terrorist attack is going to happen.

“That’s a very credible story, sir. Now what planes are they going to hijack?”

“Uh… The one Seth MacFarlane is supposed to be on!”

3 Likes

Did not know Sicily wanted to be a US State at one time. If you hate college football realignment not making any geographical sense… well…

For me, I’d go back to 1994, enjoy being a child and knowing everything, start playing online poker in like 1999, convert it all to bitcoin the day before black friday, sell it all November 2021 and enjoy yacht life until July 2023 when I get offered the chance to go back to age 6 and I take it again, this time to REALLY do things right.

20 Likes