2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

yeah this is pretty amazing, john green is a mensch

1 Like

The Fault in Our Stars guy? Good for him

This seems so obvious to me that it is hurting my brain. One seems hundreds of times better than the other but most people seem to choose the opposite of me!

https://twitter.com/nocontexthumans/status/1679585158255587334?s=61&t=RmhhSEuVcr5uPU_S6Jmz0w

1 Like

Do I go back in time to when I was 6 or do I become 6 today?

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to redo childhood plus in that scenario it would be virtually impossible for me to have my actual children again

1 Like

If I became 6 today I would end up a homeless orphan fairly quickly

2 Likes

Restart your life at age 6 with all of your sexual knowledge and many years before you get to cash in on it?

if i’m 6 in the year 2023 with my knowledge now i’m fucked because i don’t know that much. i’d actually have to learn in school to keep up cause it feels like they’re learning more stuff than when i was a schoolboy.

5 Likes

My mother recently shared the I HEREBY DO NOT ALLOW FACEBOOK TO USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR PHOTOS thing that’s been going around in various forms in 10 years or so.

I’m sure I’ll be that dumb when I get old too. So whatever.

8 Likes

Basically, people are choosing to be a millionaire over Tiny Rick. Makes sense.

Even if you could give stock tips to your parents to make them billionaires they’ll still think you’re a kid and not listen to you. Meaning you just get to be miserable in a different way.

1 Like

So did my mom. Then when I told her it wasn’t real she asked me how to delete a post.

1 Like

I think one of the most interesting dynamics would be knowing when to jump on certain music/fashion/ pop culture trends. If you time it right, you build up a rep as a trendsetter. But, if you are too early, people will make fun of you and by the time everyone starts doing it, they’ll forget that you were the originator.

1 Like

Hookers and blow for a season. Unaffected by your accumulated knowledge :vince1:

The kids are going to be alright

1 Like

Imagine what you could do with the knowledge.

3 Likes

That is the most important question. Do I go back in time and get to do it all over again with the knowledge I have now or am I suddenly a 6 year old in my house that gets kicked out as an intruder the moment my wife comes home.

1 Like

Good luck to anyone who thinks they’re capable of pulling off being the kid who knows everything without being absolutely hated by everyone.

7 Likes
3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Besides going back and trying to be rich, it’s a going back and do you try to stop 9/11 from happening and in the process change many lives problem.

I’d probably also have to call the Unsolved Mysteries hotline and tell them who the unabomber is.

2 Likes

But the thing is no one would believe you. You’re a child and the adults all know better. Cops wouldn’t listen to you. They barely listen to other adults unless they have money.