2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

This is insane hubris. pic.twitter.com/w0g4HBNX72

— SSF (@PepperoniDave) June 20, 2023

Embedding tweets works a little better than pasting the link. At last you can see the text. I wonder if there’s a twitter embed plugin for Discord?

1 Like

Duh, yeah, obv the capitol building needs to be in the capitol. Maybe Jefferson City then but 73 seems too high in that case.

My uncle has always told a story about this happening

He got his job as a Port Emergency Services Rescue diver when the last guy got squashed into his helmet in the old school diving suit.

I’m not sure if I should share this vid with hi or not

1 Like

I read that the stepson has autism FWIW.

He never should have taken those vaccines.

4 Likes

Sometimes they make a charitable pledge for good PR, then use those customer donations to pay for the pledge. I don’t see how it could be a tax angle.

One post above the one you replied to ;)

After googling it looks like they make about $18/hr. Minimum wage in Los Angeles is $16.78.

looooool you can always count on it

WokeSub1

NYPostSub1

It’s pretty much illegal everywhere in the US but a ton of owners and managers steal their employees’ tips.

1 Like

I am going to hell for not feeling that bad.

1 Like

The funny part, obviously, is that there is reams of evidence that the CEO was a “regulations stifle innovation” superchud and that’s pretty clearly how this happened. His name is Stockton Rush, for God’s sake. lol wokeness.

The staff was overwhelmingly white and male. CEO was pretending to support diversity while avoiding people with experience who would object to their lack of safety.

4 Likes

Even if I had billions to blow I can’t imagine the amount of due diligence I would do to vet this particular adventure if I were interested.

That people just said “Wtf? Let’s go” is crazy to me. It’s probably the same thing that gets people to ride motorcycles. (That is a joke)

1 Like

The CEO’s wife is descended from a couple that died on Titanic. That probably wasn’t part of their marketing.

2 Likes

Really not much to feel bad about imo. Thousands of people die every day. Mostly in much less preventable circumstances than this. These guys aren’t special because they locked themselves in a poorly designed death capsule and went to cosplay as explorers.

1 Like

It blows my mind that anyone went on this thing. 250K to go to the bottom of the ocean on a “one of a kind” submersible built out of a material nobody has tried to use for that purpose before, for what? There’s HD footage of the Titanic wreck online. It’s not like going to space where footage of the Earth is nothing like actually being there looking down on a fucking planet. You’re going to spend hours and hours on a tiny sub hoping you don’t die while peering at a shipwreck out of a little acrylic viewport. I mean maybe I’d have done it if you paid ME 250K.

3 Likes

But they’re rich!

1 Like

They’re seeking feeling. When you have lots of money that sure as hell beats being poor, but life can also get boring if are not well adjusted socially.

IMO it’s exclusivity. You get to be one of the couple dozen (?) people on earth who have seen the Titanic with their own eyes.

Hope my doctor is ready to pay up the next time I need a prostate exam.

8 Likes