2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Whatever you’re into, I guess. I always think of the 'Peg as a colder and less artsy Saskatoon. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. All I’m saying is I’d never pay $800,000 dollars for any house there.

You get tickets for the upcoming tour? The silly way they did it I got wait list for Calgary and winnipeg for Bruce.

Not this time. I’m pretty annoyed with the ticket process now so avoid it in most cases.

Made an exception for Tool coming up though.

1 Like

That’s ok. First time I heard it, was Johnny Cash from his deathbed recording sessions

1 Like

What about Canadian dollars

1 Like

Only house I ever bought was $170,000 Canadian doll hairs. Was a while ago though.

1 Like

Man.

Tool was one of the worst shows I’ve been to.

Band was fine, but had no cell phones (find, jack white and many others did as well) but they just had security in every row kicking people out who took them out, which was very distracting.

At least Jack White just had people turn them in to security before the show (and had an email telling ppl just not to bring them in).

It’s tough. My parents place in a suburb of Calgary is prob 2-2.5 million. Good suburb, walking distance from 2 schools, big yard, multiple renovations to modernize but just not a rich city.

The worst show I ever went to was my niece’s 3rd grade performance of Wizard of Oz. Total shite.

7 Likes

Interesting. I saw them in the 90s and it was awesome. Not since then though.

Sorry man. That sucks

4 Likes

They got the lot in '82 for $18k. Wasn’t a house for a mile around them. Had a great childhood when a school got built 100 yards away, the definition of an upper middle class upbringing.

They are fine, albeit stressed. Already at the “acceptance” stage that they listed a year too late.

This was probably a decade ago?

Phones at shows suck. It is better without people recording shit they will never watch.

But having 200+ people as security kicking people out who try to take pictures/videos isn’t the right vibe either.

1 Like

tool is also the worst show I’ve ever seen. nothing about security taking phones, the band just sucks.

they were headlining bonnaroo and played nothing but deep cuts as a headliner. 60k people showed up at the start because there’s no other act scheduled during headliners. by the end only about 1/4th remained.

Good thing it’s only 8 months out of the year!

3 Likes

Wait, wat?

I have to be misunderstanding something because it sounds like you’re saying that you’re parents have a CAD 2million+ property and they are listing for CAD 850K. What did I miss?

850= Winnipeg

2.0-2.5=Calgary

IMG_6457

Thanks.

So he’s saying the Winnipeg place would be worth 2mill+ in Calgary or do they just have two houses?