2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

so on my way home from the gym every day, there’s a camera cop that sits on the last bridge over the highway before my exit. you can see him in your rearview if you look as soon as you pass it and it seems like most days he’s there in the late afternoon.

i’ve gotten 14 camera speeding tickets since last july :joy: i’ve kept them all, obviously i don’t pay them bc they can’t do anything to collect the money (can’t give you points on your license, can’t put out a warrant, can’t send you to collections) so when i see him, i purposely speed up to 76-78mph (in a 65mph) to add another ticket to the collection.

a month or two ago, when i see him, i started flicking him off out my window hoping to get a ticket with me flicking him off.

this morning, all my hard work has paid off lmao.

23 Likes

I am not a lawyer, and I wish you all the best in your journeys, but this seems… optimistic?

The honor system seems like a terrible way to enforce speeding tickets.

It’s a state by state thing.

Lol. That said, I’ll bet some money on the west indies not qualifying given today’s performance.

Cricket such a weird sport. Watched some when the baby was up all night. Also watched Kabbadi:

Basically what was on for live sports at 2-4am on espn+

Huh. This is interesting and it looks like @wiper’s play is more or less the right one. (I still wouldn’t do it because I am almost universally a rule follower.)

This is an interesting reddit thread where the initial commenter is apparently someone who played a role in Ohio’s current treatment.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ohio/comments/uxnwix/got_this_speeding_camera_ticket_last_month_need/

That sounds awesome. Another great late night watch this time of year is Aussie rules football, if you get a chance. A fun combo of rugby, soccer, and US football

I did keep an eye out for it, i think it was off season? (Jan-March) Maybe not on ESPN+

It’s going on right now but I genuinely have no clue how to watch it. I’ve only ever watched with a friend of mine who had the league pass thingy

What happened is they took 4 dollar ice cream, raised the price to 7.88 and offered BOGO. This is a real example. It’s egregious.

This plan might have some holes in it longterm, but I appreciate the energy.

Doubt it made much sense to you.

Theyre still doing it even in the midst of all this. Imitation crab I get is usually 2.45, they just raised the price to $5 with bogo

4 Likes

lol that’s exactly the bridge

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna89523

Did you guys see this fucked up story?

I just got back to my parents house in Illinois,
the one who died is the girl from from two houses down. Fuck. Really nice, quiet Asian family, would always wave to them when I was out running and they were going on family walks. She went to the special high school for super smart kids, just graduated U of I, has a twin sister. JFC

3 Likes

Damn, I’m sorry, man. That’s really messed up.

My buddy just sold his house in 30 hours with 15 offers for $81k over his asking.

If you are a 20 or 30 something first time buyer you are so fucked.

Not as fucked as y’all after the revolution

4 Likes