2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I do not know the specifics of this pricing, but to me, there are many things at Safeway that the listed price is in no way the traditional ‘regular’ price without the accompanying discount.

The most galling current pricing to me: For this entire year, a 12 pack of coke is $9.99. The common sale is ‘buy 2, get 3 free.’ It ends up saving money and helping my diet. No way am I buying either a single case or five cases.

I’ve been mega tilted by soda prices for a while. I’d be delighted to pay $20 for 5 12-packs.

1 Like

+1

Or better yet $100 for for 25 12-packs.

IMG_6414

Coates? The Queen, of course.

All bottled and canned beverages should have cigarette-level taxes. So stupid trucking those around everywhere instead of drinking tap water. Get a carbonater if you want

2 Likes

They both have fantastic hair.

Lucy pulled the football out from Charlie one too many times

https://twitter.com/SmoothDunk/status/1669483501194715146?t=LQZ-9nEPXJgI7wTFogRbpg&s=19

5 Likes

lol

Even though I’m not 50 yet, I signed up for AARP recently because they had an ultra-cheap five-year deal for two people. Figured what the heck.

I got a spam e-mail today hyping an “AARP Reward.” The address it was from had a “teendreams” domain. Um…at least come up with something that isn’t the complete opposite of what you’re spamming me about.

You haven’t seen anything yet.

1 Like

Just saw Bruce Springsteen at a stadium gig. Even at 70+ the guy can put on quite a show.

8 Likes

I saw Robert Plant last summer and he still sounded pretty good.

1 Like

I saw Ravi Shankar in his early 80’s and it’s one of my all-time favorite live performances. That dude could still shred.

Live sitar music is so great. Just listening to the music doesn’t capture the experience.

1 Like

He’s with Katherine VIner, the editor, which explains the soft gig he’s on.

USA has West Indies at 14/2 in the first World Cup Qualifier match.

For the true patriots out there.

1 Like

281/7 now. USA not looking so clever.

Chasing 297 against a full member side. America stands proud.

55/4 now

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?