2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

What about a contest on who can be the least nuanced?

Or Buddhists doing genocide.

Rohingya genocide - Wikipedia.

Or University of Chicago Economists doing genocide.

1 Like

lol giving the game away

The centrist political organization No Labels has defended its third-party presidential bid by insisting there’s a broad voter appetite for a candidate running in the political middle.

But the group said it would likely exit the race entirely if Donald Trump doesn’t win the GOP nomination — even as more conservative candidates such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis run to Trump’s right.

1 Like

My boss did this all the time with auto repair estimates. I’d watch him mark everything up by 10%, then add a discount and make smartass comments about imaginary discounts.

1 Like

Oh yeah? Well I had sex with your wife!

5 Likes

Jesus famously said people should be perfect

1 Like

His wife’s in a wheelchair.

4 Likes

1 Like

Dame Lillard will be happy.

It’s interesting to me how successful this boycott has been as compared to the various halfassed NFL/Disney/Kerug/Starbucks/etc boycotts have been. As someone who literally took Econ 101, I’ll chalk it up to Bud Light just having way too many available substitutes like Coors or Modelo and cheap beer drinkers just not having much brand loyalty. And also they’re super full of hate for trans kids.

2 Likes
1 Like

#1 thing you learn in Econ 101 is that when people say “they don’t teach you that in Econ 101,” they’re wrong 90% of the time. Yeah, you learn about negative exteranlities in Econ 101, that isn’t a new idea.

1 Like

In a dream world we don’t live in liberals would learn something from the success of the Bud Light boycott.

2 Likes

you give 10% of your income pretax to what?

Several charities and political organizations.
I focus mostly on developing nations and vet them for secularism and effectiveness.

Aren’t you worried that you are trapping them in a culture of dependence.

lol

1 Like

Warby Parker.

This seems like standard Selling Shit 101. I’m supposed to get mad at Safeway for this?