2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

This is the program that was used for the project I linked to:

https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/mfh/progdesc/eld202

Eligible Applicants:
Private nonprofit organizations and nonprofit consumer cooperatives that meet the threshold requirements contained in the General Section and the programNotice of Funding Availability (NOFA) are the only eligible applicants under this Section 202 program.

Most, but not all, of the nonprofits have an affiliation with a religious group.

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1668303804427644938

Maybe not germane since its not a (really) religious organization, but today I learned The Red Cross is a federal instrumentality.

Can you place the lyrics?

You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two will last
You go through all the pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they’re gone so fast
Oh yeah
And they’re gone so fast, yeah
Oh, so hold on the ones who really care
In the end they’ll be the only ones there
And when you get old and start losing your hair
Can you tell me who will still care?

2 Likes

Got it immediately but that song is right in my age range and I’ve probably heard it within the past year or so

I thought after The Drama was largely put on permanent pause you were supposed to stop sucking so fucking hard.

2 Likes

And there’s not even a comma in between “sure” and “Jan” lol the clip is right here On The Internet.

I feel like one could pull on the thread of that misplaced comma and unravel Trolly’s entire pathetic existence.

1 Like

Unhand me

I am not a criminal

Except
In the modern sense
Where one believes that life is original

I wrote a book
And I will call it something cynical

The story is slow and the hero does not change
And if he could
Then he won’t
Anyway

Until his foes and lovers all become identical

Really sounds like John Mellencamp.

More like Jan, Mellencamp.

7 Likes

I had no clue and then the fourth line snapped it all into place for me.

Get after them Orcas!

#GATO

Kinda hypocritical to ban bans

Could not have told you this song had lyrics.

2 Likes

Same, the only lyrics I knew were also the title.

TIL a bunch of teens making TitTok videos is called a “hustle house”.

You pay more to the government than church goers pay?

I’m sure UP could easily afford to pay for one foster kid, and for one homeless person’s housing.

You want to rope in your hatred of religion to this very human problem that atheists also have: not sharing

You get endorphins from blaming churches, and guilt assuagement from thinking you took the blame off of your cohort

3 Likes

The collective noun for TikTok teens should be “trend.” A trend of TikTok teens.

2 Likes

I give 10% of my income pretax. I have zero guilt.

My point which everyone is ignoring is I didn’t create and entire destructive worldview predicated on following the ideas of a guy who said give it all away to the poor then proceed to pretend that part isn’t in the book.

I like Spoodle.

A Spoodle of Tiktok Teens

1 Like