2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Have you Americans ever seen the 2S used in LGBTQ2S+?

In college once we threw a big party where I went to the huge liquor store and bought one of every six-pack the store had, from the good stuff all the way down to the complete shit. This was way back in the day, when there weren’t 1,000 types of beer in the store. It was still a good mix though.

Then I put a couple of each in giant plastic trash cans, filled them with ice, and put a towel over the top. You had to reach in blind and drink whatever you picked. Everyone agreed it was the best party of the year.

8 Likes

I mean…for some people, that’s just foreplay.

I’ve seen it enough to know what it means, but it is not very common in my world.

1 Like

Yes but it’s far less common than LGBTQIA+ which is less common than LGBTQ which is less common than LGBT

I think

I could have some confirmation bias or something affecting my ranking of what I see most frequently

2 Likes

I once snuck up behind a friend of mine in a bar in NYC and bit him (lightly) on the head. It wasn’t him. Fortunately the guy I bit was my friend’s friend so we were ok.

2 Likes

Two spirit? I have a fair number of gay friends, including Canadian ones, but I don’t think I have seen that one.

I have definitely heard of two spirit but have never seen it in the LGBTQ letters.

2squirters?

3 Likes

“That’s right. Keep drinking. Little do you know, you’re drawing ever closer to the poison beer.”

1 Like

Yep. I figured it was a Canadian thing but wasn’t sure.

Two-spirit people are from the whole of North America

I meant use of the term.

Years ago I taught a course on indigenous gender identity.

Use of that form of the acronym, you mean?

Yes

1 Like

Won’t have to drive too far, just across the border and into the city. You and I can both kevlar, finally see what it means to be living.

2 Likes

I remember these. 30 minutes of TV time cost a quarter.

1 Like

Looks like a team is lining up in the Pro Set in the nearest TV

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/1667681980488581218

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1667568403073171458

2 Likes

TERF Island is so pathetic. It’s never really quite clicked in my brain that it’s the same place that had a worldwide empire once