2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Good enough conditions for a border facility

Idk where this goes but this is going to have significant repercussions on content creation through repurposed content in conflict with copyright.

This is a resolution to a case covered recently by the Daily.

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1663213613841039362

9 Likes

In Boston everything closes at 9 or 10. Coffee shops donā€™t exist past 7. Itā€™s nuts. Like in the middle of the city.

1 Like

From a post in the Costco subreddit, this was seen in Iceland:

z0pafn2aar2b1

WTF

Alcohol free spirits/cocktails are all the rage.

1 Like

Any random cross-country move tips from people that have done it? Weā€™ll be going east coast to west coast in a few months. Probably just going to use PODS despite the high price (was just quoted almost $6k)

I got rid of everything that doesnā€™t fit in my car.

Weā€™re going for some pretty serious downsizing but will sadly still need to ship some things. Couch, bed, the usual

Could you fit everything into a rental truck? If so, what size?

Small-mid Uhaul would do it. That quote was ~$2500, but with gas itā€™s more like $3500 and means I have to drive a truck across the country so Iā€™m skeptical

In an absolute SHOCKER the Blue Jays pitcher who got mad at airline attendants for not cleaning up after his kids for him is now spreading conservative hate speech on social media.

1 Like

How much would it cost to buy a new couch and bed?

I moved from New England to DC last year, and I paid $2500 to ship the contents of my 2-BR condo with U-Pack, a competitor.

1 Like

The only stuff I wouldnā€™t drink as an active alcoholic was gin. Unless there was only gin, in which case I was drinking that.

Itā€™s hard for me to wrap my head around desiring the taste of gin without the effect of alcohol.

1 Like

This is not that difficult if itā€™s two people. Did like 10 hrs a day with a friend 2 summers ago from CA to Michigan after his mom passed away (he did most of the driving, I was along to assist). Loading and unloading was a hassle, but you can probably hire for that. Would be harder if itā€™s a full house, but Iā€™d say you can get rid of and replace more than you think. Much of the countryā€™s infrastructure is designed for trucks.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve moved essentially from one side of the country three times. Highest recommended method? Have your employer pay for a full service move. Least recommended method? UHaul. Fuck that shit itā€™s miserable. If the pods people are quoting you 6k, Iā€™d look into the cost of a full service move. I did mine for 7-8k total from NYC to SF, but that was during covid shutdown times.

2 Likes

Some good space saving ideas here:

Of course I donā€™t know how many hound dogs or shotguns or wooden casks of whatever youā€™ll be travelling with, so ymmv.

8 Likes

iā€™m pretty sure we used u-pack to move from north carolina to california. it was cheaper than pods at the time (2018).

1 Like