2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1662135333385826307?t=N3hdL5p2jyxFS3iCkblR9A&s=19

I was told these doors couldn’t be opened mid flight because of the pressurized cabin. Was that just a lie?

2 Likes

They were only 700 feet off the ground, I think that has something to do with it.

1 Like
1 Like

This. At altitude it’s impossible. Thousands of pounds of pressure holding the door closed. The doors are designed so they have to swing in a little before they can open out. This isn’t off the top of my head, I did just look it up.

1 Like

It looks like that door pushes out? Pressure would force the door open not hold it shut if that’s the case

Looks like that and that’s why I looked it up - thinking it’s funny that it opens out. The doors are designed like a plug and you have to pull them in a little before they can open.

There used to be cargo doors in the back that didn’t open like that and that’s how DB Cooper got out. They have since replaced those doors with the kind that can’t be opened at altitude correction: added a different device so these doors can’t be opened in flight, it’s called the ‘Cooper Vane’.

Shows the door going in first.

You know you’re just the rudest man!

16 Likes

His legend continues, had to name a damn anti-jumping-out-of-plane device after him

2 Likes

Cool thanks. I always assumed they opened in, seems simpler that way. But I suppose you don’t want a big ass door swinging into the passenger compartment.

1 Like

Don’t. Stop. Come back.

1 Like

Tour has to be an ass whip compared to doing a residency.

When the fuck did leis become part of the graduation spectacle?

One of the weirdest stories I have ever heard. The kidnapper becomes a doctor and then a million dollar drug smuggler. How the fuck does he always get these short prison sentences?

1 Like

Found out a new fact today so lets play a game.

Music trivia: Only 5 artists had a Billboard top 40 hit in each of the decades from 1980s to 2010s. Name them.

went 2/5 before looking it up

U2 (this is automatic, right?)
Elton John
Michael Jackson (going out on a limb here - I’m going to guess he had a song hit the top 40 post-mortem)
Prince (I think this is wrong - don’t think he had one in the 2010’s)
Madonna

I feel like there’s somebody completely out of left field on the list. I almost said Billy Joel, but I doubt he had a top 40 hit in the 2010’s.

U2, Bruce, Beatles, Cher, Metallica random guesses