2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Alaskan cruise really only one I ever wanted to go on.

Promised to take my parents on one but then they got too sick to go. But the nature watching appeals more to me than the climate. I rather just sit on a beach than go on a tropical cruise.

The vp of sales for Dunder Mifflin wrote about cruises?

Literally this would destroy the internet and so much more. AI is already a part of a lot of stuff with a broad definition and will be interwoven in almost any sort of interaction going forward.

1 Like

DOJ vs Google Autofill does have an entertaining ring to it, but a loss as you say would be catastrophic

1 Like

Brown, a transgender Black man, was shot outside of the Walgreens at 825 Market St. on April 27 during an alleged shoplifting incident.

Fuck.

Julia Arroyo, co-executive director of the group, which has demanded an end to armed guards at retail stores and increased investments in housing and resources for trans and queer youth, said in a statement on Monday: “We do not need to see the video to know that Banko Brown’s killing was unjustified. Armed force is not a justified response to poverty. Young people, especially Black and trans youth who experience poverty, deserve love, care and the resources they need to survive and thrive. Banko deserved to live. He deserved to be protected and cherished. He deserved housing and to have his basic needs met.”

4 Likes

Yupppp

If Biden just campaigns on this he’ll crush 2024. Knowing the Dems, they’ll keep it under wraps until Republicans co-opt it or something.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1658481156604702722?s=20

It’s official:

22 Likes

Before the end of the week, you will be cancelled and forced to drop out over something you did in middle school. Good luck!

1 Like

There appears to be 2 other opponents so far. One has 0 internet presence. The other appears to be a bit of a muckraker, having said this at a board meeting:

“True equity is not just lifting up the kids and families that exist in society’s margins,” he said. “While that’s important, true equity is when you lift up everybody in new ways to make sure that the margins aren’t left out.”

Which is an interesting statement. Those kids that come from wealth, are white, have a stay at home parent, have tutors and private music lessons - what are you lifting them up from?

1 Like

Are you saying white lives don’t matter, lib?

2 Likes

I have been following this Kouri Richins story probably a little too much. It’s just so insane. I don’t think even Lifetime would write a script like that.

The details (lolnypost) are mind-boggling

The Utah woman accused of killing her husband by serving him a fentanyl-laced Moscow Mule then authoring a children’s book about grief had tried changing his life insurance policy to make herself a beneficiary, records show.

Kouri Richins, 33, allegedly tried to name herself the beneficiary of her 39-year-old husband Eric’s life insurance policy instead of his sister shortly before his March 2022 death, FOX 13 Salt Lake City reported.

However, the insurance firm alerted Eric to the change in time for him to reverse it, according to the outlet, which cited search warrant documents.

Eric Richins — who shared three sons with Kouri who are all under 11 — ultimately removed his wife from the will altogether, but never told her, KUTV reported.

Does Utah have different laws about marriage/inheritance than other states, lawbroz? I thought it was impossible to completely write one’s spouse out of your will?

Eric Richins told a friend he thought Kouri was trying to poison him after he got sick following a Feb. 14, 2022, Valentine’s Day dinner at their home, the document states.

He had a similar incident during an international trip years earlier, KUTV reported.

The warrant reportedly states: “According to a sister, Eric and his wife went to Greece a few years ago and after his wife gave him a drink he became violently ill and called his sister saying he believed his wife had tried to kill him.”

Police later unearthed Richins’ alleged connection to an accused drug dealer who admitted to selling her fentanyl pills, which she allegedly said she was buying “for an investor who had a back injury.”

Two weeks later, she allegedly asked the dealer for stronger fentanyl pills – “some of the Michael Jackson stuff,” the warrant states.

Police said she placed two $900 orders for fentanyl pills.

Investigators also discovered Richins lied about her cell phone use in the hours before she discovered his death, police said.

Nothing suspicious at all here:

The day after his death, Kouri ended up closing on a $2 million home that she wanted to flip — and threw “a large party at her home where she was drinking and celebrating,” according to court records. The couple had disagreed about the home because Eric thought it was too expensive.

According to the warrant, Kouri went on to “assault” one of Eric’s sisters who had shown up at the home during the party.

Kouri later wrote the picture book “Are You With Me?” to help kids cope with the death of a loved one and appeared on a local TV station to promote it.

The book was published March 5, almost a year to the day after Eric’s death.

1 Like

When I was sixteen I got a brand new car and wrecked it driving it off the lot to pick up my license plates.

Don’t tell me young rich, white men don’t face adversity. My parents didn’t even buy me a brand new car to replacement, like I assumed they would.

4 Likes

Here is the house she bought:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/inside-375m-home-grief-author-kouri-richins-allegedly-killed-husband-over/ar-AA1bdZdI

1 Like

How the hell does the husband get poisoned like twice previously and not, you know, leave the marriage?

3 Likes

Security guard at Walgreens starts fighting with shop lifter for about a minute. Has him in a chokehold. Lets him go. Shop lifter gets a small bag of whatever he stole and starts leaving. Shop lifter is walking backwards out of the store. He supposedly spits on the security guard who then shoots and kills him. Security guard is not being charged, I suppose as a warning to shop lifters or something.

1 Like

Kill

Laugh

Spend

1 Like

Crazy/Hot Graph