2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

We’re not cruise people either, but we went with friends on the Alaska one and treated it as a scouting mission. Basically, when we decide to go back on our own, we now have an idea for some of the things we’d like to see in more detail along the southern portions of the state.

1 Like

God bless you, Ms Barbee

Been waiting for someone to show balls on this

So in other news, this week has been nuts. Not just because I got a new job, but because i found out I’m gonna be an aunt! My brother and his wife are having a little girl in early November.

I’m not sure what to do with all this good news happening, my cynical ass is sitting here bracing for impact wondering what terrible thing is gonna bring it crashing down…

26 Likes

https://twitter.com/M_C_Klein/status/1658101029454639104?t=NlEmDvo1R0i7kQiQMVCr2A&s=19

Interesting article.

I’ve been trying to get around the pay wall and haven’t been successful so far

Without thinking about it, I probably would have put you as one of the least likely to go on a cruise.

The whale watching sounds incredible.

1 Like

It’s not my normal thing but been on a few when I want to do nothing but relax and eat. You get zero actual cultural experience on them but you know that going in.

This Alaska one has been outstanding though. Places you can’t go not on a cruise.

Just like visiting Alberta!

1 Like

What if I told you that swingers cruises are a real thing?

2 Likes

Upside down pineapple.

Didn’t give me a paywall on mobile twitter. Maybe I haven’t exceeded free WSJ articles this month?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

2 Likes

1 Like

I made a new one and this one made me laugh at myself but it’s hard not to laugh at quotes of Lee Atwater and my best impression of Jordan Peterson

1 Like

You’re a wonderful person and I wish nothing but the best for you.

1 Like

Go on.

San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins released on Monday a video of a private security guard shooting and killing 24-year-old Banko Brown following an altercation in a Walgreens store. With the release of the video, Jenkins announced that she will not charge the guard.

Warning: Walgreens guard executes person walking away

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/semafor/status/1658434800414236674?t=5rCCJTguCMgk-GZLyCBl-w&s=19

Still trying to figure out what “offering artificial intelligence to minors” even means. It’s not a drug.

It feels like the “conservatives have one joke thing”, but for legislation and in this case it’s protecting children.

I have no idea what I’m supposed to be looking at in that video.

It’s not an execution style killing, but it’s nuts that he’s not getting charged. From doing some reading, it seems like the shoplifter spit on him and he shot him for it. Should be either murder or voluntary manslaughter IMO. Self-defense is BS.