2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

He’ll be 100 years old when he buys that kid his first legal drink. Congrats Bobby

1 Like

that’s video makes me furious and there’s a large chance if i’m in that room, i’m fired before i leave it. probably arrested.

so it’s not guns at all, it’s mental health issues… but i’m going to remove the mental health professionals from a school when keeping them is ~free to the district.

thank fuck none of this has/is happening around me. i’m pretty up on local politics, i’d be sooo tempted to find ways to fuck with these people.

2 Likes

I don’t think the local Costco egg price has changed in like 6 months, about $2.50/dozen. I feel like they’re ripping me off now.

This feels like that Bane moment in Batman but instead of saying 'do you feel in control?" it’s" does this feel like freedom?"

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1655781888190038019?t=Ejhpkv5UW8AYbJJRsB8s9A&s=19

1 Like
1 Like

Shortly after the dinner, Eric became very ill. … Eric told a friend that he thought his wife was trying to poison him,” court documents say

Yikes if that is your first thought after you get sick

Hustle culture, baby! Don’t be a loser that won’t kill your spouse to generate material for your book.

1 Like

That criticism that Martin Luther King had about Malcolm X? It seems to be fabricated

He did not find a recording of Haley’s interview with King in the Haley archives at Duke, but he did find what appears to be an unedited transcript of the full interview, likely typed by a secretary straight from a recording, Eig said. Eig provided The Post with a copy of the transcript.

On page 60 of the 84-page document, Haley asks, “Dr. King, would you care to comment upon the articulate former Black Muslim, Malcolm X?”

King responds: “I have met Malcolm X, but circumstances didn’t enable me to talk with him for more than a minute. I totally disagree with many of his political and philosophical views, as I understand them. He is very articulate, as you say. I don’t want to seem to sound as if I feel so self-righteous, or absolutist, that I think I have the only truth, the only way. Maybe he does have some of the answer. But I know that I have so often felt that I wished that he would talk less of violence, because I don’t think that violence can solve our problem. And in his litany of expressing the despair of the Negro, without offering a positive, creative approach, I think that he falls into a rut sometimes.”

That is not how King’s response appeared in the published interview. While the top part is nearly identical with the transcript, it ended in Playboy like this: “And in his litany of articulating the despair of the Negro without offering any positive, creative alternative, I feel that Malcolm has done himself and our people a great disservice. Fiery, demagogic oratory in the black ghettos, urging Negroes to arm themselves and prepare to engage in violence, as he has done, can reap nothing but grief.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2023/05/10/mlk-malcolm-x-playboy-alex-haley/

1 Like

Really?

Dang I have like eight dozen eggs bought before the prices dropped. I must be a sucker.

1 Like

Takes some balls to murder him and then write a book about grief. I wonder how they figured out it was here? Someone had to snitch.

Meow.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MicaBurton/status/1656019827537108992?s=20

Do you own a restaurant or something?

3 Likes

4 Likes

coolhl

7 Likes

There were TWO prior incidents where he told people she had tried to poison him…

Dude.

2 Likes

Just like eggs.

Seriously though, I volunteer cook for a group home, and eggs have been backlogging. But like I cooked an 18 pack of eggs a few nights ago. Think there are five 18 packs left.

3 Likes

You sometimes have 96 eggs in your household refrigerator?

How long does that last you?

I don’t eat them but that lasts about five weeks maybe. Depends on a lot of factors. Usually get like three or four 18 packs a month (order food to be delivered), but had more left than expected from last month.

I have two refrigerators.

1 Like