2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/tragicbirdapp/status/1648649924416790528

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/OurTallahassee/status/1648733968617832454

Today I learned unmarried cohabitation is illegal in Michigan (misdemeanor). The new democratic majority just voted to change the law, and only half the Republicans joined them

Iā€™m some kind of weird cross between a lynx and a mountain lion apparently.

I wonder if the person who made this realizes hyena clans are female dominated, and the dominant females have an elongated vulva that looks like a big penis.

You can kind of tell for the menā€™s faces they started with a celebrity then modified it. I see Harrison Ford upper right, and I think Liv Schreiber lower right. Pedro Pascal lower middle? Not sure about the two on the left. Sean Penn lower left maybe.

60-65 Jeremy Renner
50-55 Pierce Brosnan

50-55 looks like Timothy Dalton to me. Doesnā€™t matter, itā€™s James Bond, who I plan to be when Iā€™m 50-55, so I guess Iā€™ll be cheek to cheek with a female lion-elf begging for food in a window? Am I reading this wrong?

Fasting is for suckers.

1 Like

Hard disagree. I donā€™t think my way is ideal for everyone, just what works for me.

Iā€™ve never been a breakfast person, not really sure why but Iā€™m just not hungry in the morning. Since I donā€™t consume calories in the morning, Iā€™m able to have a larger lunch and dinner meals while rarely asking myself ā€œDid I eat too much today?ā€ I donā€™t really call what I do ā€œfastingā€, but Iā€™m sure other folks would call it that. For me itā€™s just how I prefer to structure my meals.

4 Likes

Yes! I got my Bonds mixed up.

Breakfast used to be for the poor who had to go out in the field and work. Their betters ate twice a day and looked down on the milk, egg, toast, and leftover bean eaters.

Kids were an exception. Even rich Kids ate breakfast.

2 Likes

I am assuming this guy is full of shit. But just to be sure, is there any such evidence

Surely two parents is better than one. But is two married parents actually shown to be better than two unmarried parents who are living together?

Studies have shown that married parents are better

Caveats: there are many confounding variables. On average, unmarried couples are more likely to break up, tend to earn less money, have lower rates of college degrees, and are more likely to say that the kid was unplanned. If all of those other factors went away, youā€™d probably reduce a lot of the difference.

1 Like

Thanks. Thatā€™s hardly clear and overwhelming. Itā€™s kind of a shit study without correcting for those things, but Iā€™m sure he wasnā€™t bothered by such details.

And have a sample size that, charitably, would leave much to be desired. I donā€™t doubt that these people exist, mind you, but it is pretty rare to find a stable couple with kids that chooses to remain unmarried for whatever reason.

But according to that derper, if you just force (or at least induce) the unstable couple to get married, thatā€™s just going to solve everything!

3 Likes

Yeah, correlation vs causation.

Itā€™s incredibly difficult to say anything meaningful about the impact of marriage because marriage is symptomatic of cohort differences.

I remember once seeing a religious blogger talking about how married people were much happier than unmarried and when I looked at his cite, it lumped all the divorced people in with ā€œunmarriedā€. This is like doing a product satisfaction study and lumping all the people who took it back for a refund in with ā€œnon-ownersā€.

4 Likes

Pedro Pascal and Jeremy Renner are the same person.

Intermittent fasting is honestly super easy since 8 of the fasting hours involve sleeping. Iā€™ve definitely dropped weight going back to it.

Just donā€™t eat breakfast. Eat early dinner and done.

1 Like