2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

i haven’t looked too much into adoption but i assume it’s only competitive and people are going crazy for white perfectly healthy infants, which doesn’t change the putting more of yourself into the world… aren’t there something like 400k kids waiting for adoption including like 100k+ toddlers and younger?

i will agree the white american infant market has become competitive. i cost 785 dollars when i was adopted in the 80s.

agreed. you help because its kind to help someone in need. when someone doesnt, you don’t decide to take a photo to post on social media to say “woe is me, im a parent and the flight attendant wouldn’t be my maid for my terribly behaved children”.

1 Like

Do flight attendants still not get paid unless the plane doors are closed or something like that?

i think the industry standard was for their “on the clock” time not to start until the doors closed. so they aren’t paid during boarding. i’m not sure if they continue to get paid after the doors open though.

commercial pilots are apparently paid the same way, just at a much higher rate and they likely don’t have to deal with passengers during that unpaid time, so it’s probably much less annoying

I don’t know if the story that’s being related is accurate, and I agree that people should clean up after their kids and try to keep them from making a mess in the first place, but, if the story is actually true and the Captain and flight crew insisted that this woman clean it up - which is something on a plane that comes with a very real, immediate and obvious threat of force behind it - then it is a postable offense imo.

I would have paid a thousand for you.

5 Likes

Yeah they don’t get paid during boarding. It’s pretty dumb.

Think all races are competitive and competitive to commit a baby before born with no guarantee of health. If a baby is born with no parents lined up for some reason and after they are born, large, lifelong medical expenses on the horizon, then yeah, probably not too competitive.

The part that is not that competitive is fostering older kids with the hope of adopting. Main reason it’s not competitive is you don’t know when/if the biological parents will want their kids back so it’s truly a selfless act.

And that is the selfish part I agree on, parents will sacrifice everything for a kid and what they hope for in return is to establish a deep, meaningful lifelong bond with them.

This parody site Rent-a-hitman.com continues to catch people trying to hire a hit man or in this case be a hit man.

Also what is going on in the national guard?

1 Like

mf doesn’t know Angi is the new angislist

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1648422348159340544?s=20

not sure how reputable the source is. but this is what im seeing on the twitters.

1 Like

Dang, for half price. I thought it would be around three hundred million or a little less. Why did fox wait so long to give a fifty percent payout on the day the trial starts.

I can believe that total.

yeah that number gives me pause… it’s a “gold check” account with 2.4 million followers.

i did read somewhere that fox was willing/able to survive anything under 1 billion though.

NYTimes headline reports the same number

That’s…a lot!

I wonder if dominion insisted it not remain confidential.

Fox in a statement said the settlement reflected its “continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards.”

5 Likes

I wonder if insurance plays a factor in this for news organizations? Do they have slander insurance?

Time for Smartmatic to get paid now.

1 Like

that’s what my buddies dad(who is a BIG TIME plaintiff attorney) is telling us. that more importantly than the money will be the concessions to admit fault, not hide the settlement type things.

1 Like