2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Was a life changer for me. Went from getting three to five really bad Respitory infections a year to not getting any. Get actual sleep now. I am pretty much addicted to my machine.

If it doesn’t annoy the crap out of you early on you should do exceptionally well. Most people never get comfortable with wearing the mask.

Again it’s all relative to cost of living.

Cheap to you. Expensive to me.

I’m in my home state, Tennessee, this weekend for the first time in years. Im pretty mad about the batshit stuff the state government is up to, but it seems like there’s nothing I can do about it. Sucks that the state is on a highway to hell; there’s some really nice parts to it.

1 Like

I was in Nashville last two nights and it felt a bit weird for sure with all that shit going on and then I saw kamala showed up too there last night, crazy situation, I’m back in home Alabama though now and it’s not any better

Alabama must be cooking up some crazy shit to get back into the race to the bottom, feels like all the other contenders have been making big moves.

2 Likes

My Cpap was life changing. To the point I cant sleep without it. How I slept prior to having one is beyond me. I wake up gasping if I fall asleep on the couch or something.

Eh mostly spending all our money on new prisons we won’t own or something

My feelings remain comfortably unmitigated hatred. Team Art Nouveau.

To be fair, Diddy’s is better than Sting’s stalker shit.

https://twitter.com/TheScaryNature/status/1644890422639222785

3 Likes

jfc trigger warning

2 Likes

Can’t say I’ve seen this referenced as a source of inspiration for Alien but seems likely.

Zombie ant seems quaint now.

Alright fine

I had one scheduled in 2021(?) and flaked out on it

How bad would it be to just order a machine myself, fuck the study?

Glad to hear about your sleep success. I’ve been told I’m an obnoxiously loud snorer. So is my dad, who opted for surgery instead of a machine for his apnea. They told him the surgery would likely lose most of its efficacy in 10-15 years, it did, and now he refuses to admit that he had a good 10 year run of sleep, shutting people down who try to get him on a machine

I am approximately 99% sure a machine would help me. The study is just going to suck, and I know I’m going to get grossed out by the machine no matter how well I clean it

Kay Ivey is a sleeper agent. Like literally she sleeps way too much to agitate for additional fascism

No

1 Like

You are required to have a prescription to get a machine. So might be harder to get one without one. Used to be able to buy them on eBay but the industry lobbied to make reselling them illegal.

You can get an at home sleep study these days I am pretty sure. Your pcp can actually write a prescription for it. You also need a prescription to get things like the mask. The downside is the industry is a racket.

1 Like

Weird. I had a machine in my cart, on a website advertising that you don’t need a prescription, a couple months ago. Just out of pocket payment

Maybe they’re gonna have their version of Black Friday soon, or once I clicked submit it would have been like lolnah, no shipping to USA

Small chance it was just going to take my money, but I did try to look into if it was a scam. Don’t remember the site. I probably just searched google for cpap without prescription

There may be places outside the us selling them or else they have some kind of doctor on staff to write scripts but I am not sure.

1 Like

I see one and that is what they do. When you check out you get a free virtual consultation with a doctor for the prescription.

1 Like

Nice.

Those things might be sketchy but I love them.

One of the final hangovers of my life (knock on wood) was a Sunday in Virginia when I could not get ANYONE to write me a scrip for post-exposure HIV prophylaxis at any ER or urgent care. Every hour counts, and I’d done something extra risky even for gay sex the browned-out night before.

Found some super shady website of Texas doctors who sent my scrips over to my pharmacy and picked it up 2 minutes before they closed

2 Likes