2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I think traditionally toxicology reports can take a long time, but I am not sure.

Yeah, not usually a huge rush on figuring out exactly what killed someone. It took almost a month for Philip Seymour Hoffman and he died with a syringe still in his arm and it took almost 6 months for Harris Wittels.

:hushed:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/macrumors/status/1644091132006273024?s=61&t=NDU-QUzHHKI06YFnvWsG1g

1 Like

This is interesting. What should we make then of news reports about people dying of fentanyl overdoses like 3 days after the death occurs? How can we find that info out so fast?

1 Like

He didnt deserve to be shot, but watching the bullshit on his channel, its absolutely 100% harrasment.

1 Like

It’s kind of the hip new thing to do. We had a jewelry store in a mall here get robbed when the thiefs tunneled through the wall of the adjoining Macy’s.

It’s a difference of where that information came from. Autopsy? Or just people saw the drugs?

Well-off people, and people with a PR team/manager/etc, can make it more difficult and prolong the press getting access to reports

But why? It will come out eventually. What difference does it make to the public if we find out Coolio was getting high today or six months ago.

They probably aren’t actually confirming that those are fentanyl ODs before running the story, in both the cases I posted as an example people were immediately reporting them as heroin ODs even if the toxicology results didn’t come in until months later.

That seems highly unethical, journalistically speaking

It’s more that they’re covering their asses and don’t want to report “Coolio dead of fentanyl overdose” because then if the medical examiner determines it was a heart condition or something his family could come after them big time. Same reason even a murderer who’s on video committing his crimes is only an “alleged” murderer until conviction.

Pretty sure Chris Cornell died from fentanyl. When a celeb dies these days I just assume mistaken fentanyl ingestion until I hear otherwise.

1 Like

Yeah me too. This is not the era to be experimenting with illegal drugs. So scary how dangerous it can be, beyond the traditional risks of various drugs.

What is worse is that drug dealers find it profitable to replace/lace a lot of different drugs with fentanyl.

I think Cornell hung himself but it was benzo related.

I think Prince and Tom Petty were fentanyl.

1 Like

:shockedpikachu

1 Like
2 Likes

Pretty good

4 Likes

She never says.