2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

Married five years. One bank account.

Haven’t played live poker since we got married.

1 Like

We have separate bank accounts because my wife gives me an allowance

A gay man hogging a wife who gives her husband an allowance. Shame on you.

3 Likes

I was nominated for my university’s 40 Under 40. I am their first transgender nominee and would be their first winner :blush:

For UGA in deep as hell Georgia too!!! But Athens is a pretty progressive city for where it’s located. The beauty of college towns.

Y’all know regardless of results I’m gonna wear that “Academy Award Nominee” tag just as hard as if it said Winner.

43 Likes

That’s awesome risky! :partying_face:

1 Like

Hell yeah, wtg!

1 Like

Congrats and if you don’t win we will burn UGA to the ground.

To.
The.
Ground.

5 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

I earn more than mrs rugby. But the ratio has changed slowly.

We now have a shared account that we both pay into. How much we pay into it depends on how much we are earning, so I pay a lot more at the moment. I also pick up any overspend, and most of the big ticket items.

Theres two very obvious rationales here.

1. You dont want to be discussing with each other whether you are going to spend 200 bucks on that dress, or 400 bucks on rugby tickets.

2. You cant have shared money that is spent without discussion or agreement, or else you cant control it.

Seperate pools seems essential here.

What am I doing with my life

1 Like

Look it me

To.

The.

Ground.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s mostly uncontrolled here, but no one is going nuts.

That rules!!!

UnevenAbsoluteIaerismetalmark-max-1mb

1 Like

Nice work

1 Like

TY Mr. Wookie

I did a quick writeup because when you’re excited you’re excited :blush:

https://medium.com/translating-everything/mfw-i-am-a-40-under-40-nominee-6ba3f8d58423?sk=3c48a344fd144910f7715b8c9776fdb5

4 Likes

If your wife had written that from her perspective then I would have worried my wife was posting here as we do exactly the same thing.

My wife and I have a joint account and individual accounts.

Everything is deposited into the joint account access we used to get an equal “allowance” transferred to our individual accounts.

Now we just spend direct from the joint accounts. We could never figure out where non extravagant required things went, like clothes for work.

Very cool. Congrats!

1 Like