2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

I’m not seeing as part of the rules a clause that says that you know where this snail is.

Yeah, that’s huge and why this is key:

2 Likes

The rules imply you can see it, but only if it gets close enough to kill you.

Still lots of important unknowns:

How smart is the snail? Given that it’s an invincible snail and “knows your location at all times” I don’t think we can assume normal snail intelligence here.

Where does it start? Do we know where this is? Are we close enough to get someone to catch and contain it for us? Any rules against that.

Do we know what type of snail it is/what it looks like?

It’s not too different from the deal i have now. The snail of death is out there somewhere, and it doesn’t care that I don’t have $10M.

11 Likes

Can I have sex with someone and get the snail to start chasing them, instead?

6 Likes

Just noticed the prompt says “a snail” in the first clause, then changes to “the snail” in the second clause. So it seems as if even if you trap the snail, another one will materialize and probably kill you while you sleep.

1 Like

Only if you do it in a hospital bed with their full knowledge and consent

1 Like

Lool apparently this snail hypothetical has been going around for a while, so it is in fact quite possible that “it follows” was based on it, as people have been speculating on reddit since 2015

3 Likes

I definitely did not get that reference.

Twin Peaks the return

Haven’t even seen Twin Peaks yet. I should probably get on that.

2 Likes

Beetlejuice successfully made that a pandemic watch for me.

1 Like

Not the original either? Oh hell yes, you’re in for a ride! I watched the original 4-5 years back and it’s definitely a bit dated, but still very watchable. The return series was top 10 series ever for me, but I do love me some Lynch.

Original twin peaks is also, possibly, the whitest TV series ever. In a do you ever WTF white people and you are a white people | Facebook way.

3 Likes
1 Like

I don’t know why you guys are discussing this like it’s a hypothetical, we have those snails in Australia. It’s not that bad. There are giant spiders that prey on them.

5 Likes

And then lizards that eat the spiders, right?

No. Even bigger spiders are top of the food chain.

The crocodile spider at the very top of course.

1 Like