2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

It pays per ticket. The reason to buy more than one is in case somebody else also wins. If you buy one ticket and somebody else wins, you get 50%. If you buy two, you get 66%.

But you’re right, it would definitely look bad. So you can’t buy 50. But I think you could buy two or three and just say that was your lucky ritual.

1 Like

Or buy a ton including a bunch of losing numbers.

1 ticket because of sort of an inverse concept of bankroll management. There’s probably ways for them to claw back the money with a presumption of guilt rather than proof of guilt. Risking not getting any of the money is just extemely bad strategy

1 Like

This is interesting. I was originally going to say as many as possible to reduce the amount of a split you would have to pay out, but then I though, jesus its 1.3 billion. Do I really need to fuck someone over for 1.2 billion when I could have 600 mil and NOT fuck someone over? How much do I really need?

2 Likes

The other person could be a monster!

1 Like

Actually the lottery wants you to functionally buy duplicate tickets. As you probaly know there are additional non-jackpot prizes in the lottery (if you miss by one number for example, you get 20k). Most states offer an optional “megaplier” you can purchase that would give you a multiple (usually 2x natch) of these prizes. You are literally buying a duplicate ticket that is ineligible for the jackpot. A quick check of the distributed prizes suggests that around 20-25% of tickets take this option. I wouldn’t worry too much about your multiple ticket strategy raising eyebrows.

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1614523547883556864

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1614524501840265216

LOL

1 Like

I take it you haven’t visited Texas.

People love to talk shit about generation Z but i can fucking guarantee you that they are least horrible generation and that their parents are just as addicted to their stupid phones.

4 Likes

This is why people think Walgreens is shutting down stores due to shoplifting, due to stuff like this:

Is the snail smart enough to board a plane? Can I encase the snail in concrete?

Yeah, I’m really gonna need all the ground rules on this one.

3" thick plexiglass box so I can see it and know where it is at all times.

There are plenty of terrible ways to die in scenarios where I don’t have $10M. I’m gonna go ahead and secure that bag.

4 Likes

Still got to put the box in a safe with a camera on it at all times. Maybe even have someone monitor the feed.

You’re mistaking cause for effect.

IOW:

what? this is the dumbest thing i’ve ever read! its a snail man you can just overturn a red solo cup on it and walk away.

1 Like

You never know when the snail might break through the glass in which it is encased.

Can never be too careful.

Better hope your crazy ex-gf doesn’t decide to free it.

1 Like