2023 LC Thread - It was predetermined that I would change the thread title (Part 1)

My mind goes the other way, that’s the last store at which I’d buy a ticket.

And yes, I realize that’s engaging in the fallacy as much as the people intentionally buying them there.

1 Like

My dad always want a to tell me how slot machines won’t ever hit after they have paid.

1 Like

T. S. Garp:
We’ll take the house. Honey, the chances of another plane hitting this house are astronomical. It’s been pre-disastered. We’re going to be safe here."

2 Likes

Trust…but update.

1 Like

1 Like

West coast best coast. Clearly.

Example #45,307 why the state motto of about a half dozen states is “Thank God for Mississippi”.

1 Like

So, all the pink ones on that map?

Green state residents get a lot of products from the red states’ dangerous/carcinogenic work sites

Also that’s damn close to just a heat map of Black people per capita

2 Likes

OK, I’m prepared to accept that this is completely on me, but I have not read a single dril tweet that ever seemed even a little funny or clever. In fact, probably close to half of them, I can’t even decipher wtf joke/commentary it’s trying to make. Many, many of his tweets seem like three completely unrelated sentences thrown together, yet the Internet reads them and falls over.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1607655882292355072?t=wwIoLSVUWVY7Az6Wx-y0BQ&s=19

7 Likes

I don’t really have a strong opinion on Yglesias, but I’d, charitably, describe him more as an Eddie Murray than a Jordan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1614047899301695488

1 Like

If you somehow knew the exact lottery numbers, how many tickets would you buy?

1 Like

I feel like if you are going to win one of those billion dollar jackpots, you really want to win the “Powerball.” Thats the only multi-state lottery I recognize. “Mega Millions” sounds like something Trump would come up with.

1 Like

One of the benefits of the Powerball is that there is an aptly named Powerball. Nice. I Just looked this up - the special ball in the Mega Millions is just called “the gold Mega Millions ball.” Get outta here with that Micky Mouse shit.

Can you win more than once? If you buy 10 winning tickets, don’t you just 10 x 10% of the prize? Not to mention you would be tipping off that you knew the numbers in advance.

Most of dril’s tweets are funny to people who are constantly on twitter and follow the minutiae of internet drama on social media.

I don’t understand most of them but a few were funny here and there. To me, it isn’t enough to justify how known he is in that circle.

If someone else wins, your share of the prize is n/(n+1) where n is the number of tickets you buy. So you should buy an infinite amount of tickets.

5 Likes