2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

How would you feel if you were working at a fast food restaurant and one of your coworkers was only there because the alternative is literally prison, and the reason they were almost sent to prison is because they assaulted another fast food worker.

I hope they treat this person like complete shit for the entire time they’re working so they know how it feels and really learn their lesson!

2 Likes

She should be on bathroom cleanup duty her entire “sentence” and all of her coworkers should actively shit on the floor.

1 Like

Not reading the Post for that but it has strong “sentenced to be the butler” vibes.

7 Likes

Just humiliating for everyone involved, really. Yes, I’m sure the crew at Chipotle would love for this psycopath to be heir coworker for a while, hopefully no one else in the area is looking for a job.

2 Likes

6 Likes

From last summer

https://x.com/AriPeskoe/status/1733100555847807461?s=20

The squirrels are checking out. They know something.

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1732450996679245908

1 Like

So how weird is this? My kid was recently invited to a birthday party for someone turning 11 where there is a gift registry.

My initial reaction was WTF, but after thinking about it more, it certainly makes things easier for the parents of the invited kids. Mme Melkerson generally handles presents for birthday parties and she actually likes shopping with our kids to pick a present, so it’s a bit different for her. But if it were my job, I would kind of like to just be able to click a few buttons on a website and be done with it.

I didn’t see the registry, but my wife said that everything was very reasonably priced and in line with what most spend anyway.

1 Like

Not gonna do it myself but wouldn’t care if one of my son’s friends did this. I’d actually appreciate them making it easy to pick something

1 Like

10 Likes

Yeah, we’re in the same place. We’re never doing it, but it really doesn’t seem that bad.

90 days in jail for throwing food at someone is completely insane. Anything more than a weekend in jail seems ludicrous. The judge is a diva and just wants attention. From that article… food at Chipotle is never “piping hot”. You are lucky if it is even lukewarm.

2 Likes

I love these stories where the typically very anti-punishment mob is all like “make the asshole eat only shit for one year”.

literally an hour ago i downloaded temu on my phone and handed it to my ex-gf’s daughter. 20 minutes and $180 later, i’m done with christmas shopping for her and she’s getting like, 50 different things lol.

fuck letters to santa, everyone just needs to make an amazon wishlist or whatever. foolproof.

man typing that just made me remember how my mom used to have us dog ear pages with stuff we wanted for christmas in the humongous 700-page sears catalog, stuff changes, stuff stays the same…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1733293422549631152

2 Likes

2 Likes

My kids used to do this with the „registry“ being a box at the local family-run toy store. Since we are in a small town that was the only toy store in town and we always appreciated when other parents did the same. It was just one visit to the city and you helped support a local business.

From what I heard. The lady burnt her face and had to quit because she was messed up.

1 Like

As long as that’s true, and that there were some especially low-cost options, I wholeheartedly endorse this development.