2023 Israel Conflict - Ground Forces Enter Gaza

Current death toll is officially at 22 but the real number will probably be much higher. Very little information is given about the state of the captured towns

Stay safe, Yuv

Needs its own thread probably. Canā€™t see how Israel does anything other than fully takeover Gaza after this. Hamas is so fucking stupid and not to mention evil for targeting civilians.

Yeah, this. And international community is probably going to give them a green light to do it. They have lit any goodwill Palestinians had on fire.

First priority is your safety obviously, but once youā€™ve got that covered definitely keep the updates coming.

Hope you all get through this OK.

2 Likes

Yeah this feels like the exact opposite of Low Content.

Hope Yuv, Yuvā€™s family, and any other UPers in Israel are safe.

Targeting and killing civilians is completely unacceptable

1 Like

Is anyone else wondering if Russia is pulling the strings on this to try to divert attention away from Ukraine?

Thereā€™s very little official info coming out of the Gaza envelope. One Kibbutz and one town are still under Hamas control and the death toll is in the 100s. Apparently many are held hostage still and IDF admitted to many hostages already taken to Gaza.

These arenā€™t settlements unless you consider the entire state of Israel as one.

Iran to scuttle Saudi / Israel treaty talks?

It seems baffling to me how Hamas could have that many boots on the ground that quickly to take over Israeli neighborhoods. Is this type of scenario unavoidable if youā€™re not on ā€œhigh alert,ā€ or do you think there is corruption and/or incompetence in play?

1 Like

So this is the 50th anniversary of the 1973 war and you know 50 is just a nice round number. Thatā€™s just so fucking stupid.

Itā€™s a holiday here, a Saturday and thanks to the crazy right wing government, the army is mostly in the West Bank. But most of all itā€™s a gigantic intelligence catastrophe and a dysfunctional government.

I imagine thereā€™s a level of rationality you except your enemies to possess.

In more graphic details, my brother-in-lawā€™s sister lives in Nativ Haasara. They were away for the holiday but their neighbors and friends were all killed and all the houses set on fire.

12 Likes

I was going to say itā€™s crazy how Israel missed this especially considering the date. Lots of conspiracy chatter but obviously likely thatā€™s bullshit and this is just a massive screw up that should cost Bibi his government but will likely just make him stronger.

2 Likes

i follow the channel of one woman who repatriated to somewhere in north israel last year. she put out a video describing how they got to a shelter and have now returned to their home. very little information even going to the citizens right now, but they expect a large scale operation to suppress gaza is underway. it sounds like several thousand rockets and possibly drones overwhelmed the iron dome.

fwiw telegrams are leaking some video of air strikes, which are claimed to be from idf air forces.

Oof, Hezbollah appears to be getting involved.

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1710639522822639706?s=20

https://x.com/HananyaNaftali/status/1710672590585426161?s=20

1 Like

If there isnā€™t an Israel thread, there should be one.

Stay safe Yuv

5 Likes

There was a rave party in a Kibbutz near the border with 500+ kids. There are still hundreds missing. Iā€™m terrified of the full numbers. The response will surely involve cutting Gaza water and electricty supply which will cause god knows how many civilians casualties there. Nightmare scenario.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a horror show thatā€™s only going to get worse. Many different videos showing Israeli hostages, women and children among them. Countless bodies strewn across roads and stacked at bus stops. Hundreds already declared dead in Gaza, tower blocks demolished. Already confirmed that Israel will cut off the electricity supply.

So much suffering.

1 Like

Air raids sirens again here :( lots of explosions.

my building is shaking. ffs

2 Likes

Was at a Bar Mitzvah this morning and the rabbi announced during the service that Israel was at war. Saw the stuff about missle warnings last night, but didnā€™t realize it was all out war.

Stay safe Yuv.

1 Like