2023-2024 House of Representatives Shitshow Containment: MAGA Mike XXS

Mike Johnson seems like a total psychopath. Hope he goes down tomorrow.

Maybe, but it seems like a choice of what bread you want your shit sandwich on to me.

call it a hunch, but I think Rā€™s will pick white bread

3 Likes

Earlier in the thread I predicted the moderates would cave eventually and vote for Gym. I was wrong on that obviously, but Iā€™m not sure why they voted against him. Was it the election denying? I am thinking this was not it. It was probably just that heā€™s an asshole, and people donā€™t like him personally. Iā€™m sure the strongarm tactics backfired a little as well.

With Mike Johnson, I am assuming they (the moderates) will vote for him even though heā€™s an election denier as well. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re tired of looking like buffoons, and if Johnson has a thin veneer of ā€œnormalnessā€, they might vote for him just to put an end to the bad optics. (Bad poker analogy: when youā€™re low on chips at the end of the tourney, any hand that is not total shit looks good.) This would fit in with the idea that some/many of the never Trumpers basically want Trump, just in a slightly sanitized package. So even if Johnson is basically the same as Gym, conservative-wise, heā€™s just a little more presentable.

Counterpoint: I am not good at predicting what these bozos will do

3 Likes

Weā€™re as little as 2 hours away from formal nominations and a floor vote and there is no public opposition from any R member. Donā€™t see how Johnson loses now.

I guess Massie is against. But that was last night and no one else has joined him since.

https://twitter.com/ktullymcmanus/status/1717168992186429863

It sure sounds like heā€™s gonna make it across the finish line but anything is possible.

Circus is over. For now.

Theyā€™re going to portray this guy as the ā€œreasonableā€ compromise when he is anything but that.

1 Like

https://x.com/bidenhq/status/1717016086279836018?s=46&t=iHc0_t12Snhd_GjB3XtW8Q

Lol yeah total centrist, voting against certifying a legal election and all.

He sponsored a ā€œreligious freedomā€ law in Louisiana to protect those who want to discriminate against LGBTQ people.

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1717214819722407950?t=tfWWhYSTzvBQHWO7fh4zlQ&s=19

23 Likes

He also wants to punish people
Who get abortions with hard labor

Two weeks is closest.

2 Likes

This guy is going to be a disaster for the country. Hope his term doesnā€™t last long.

He only got in because heā€™s a blank slate. Letā€™s hope he sucks at fundraising and managing the House.

Unlike Pelosi, I would be surprised if he manages the house in a way that is helpful to Republicans in Biden districts.

If I were betting on this stuff I feel like Iā€™d go broke underestimating how incompetent these guys are, but my guess is this guy is it at least until the next election.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think 2024 is the relevant date. There may be 5 to oppose him if he turns his back on Ukraine.

Mitch will probably have to outplay him on that.

2 Likes

So this Johnson Rod is a real gem eh?

1 Like